VBAC

out of hospital birth centers

I didn't realize it was so difficult to find an out of hospital birth center who is willing to do a vbac. We are TTC and I really wanted this to sort of be worked out before I'd have to start pre-natal care. 

I had my hopes set really high on a BC that my friend delivered at a few months ago, she had a wonderful experience, we toured the place and really loved it. But we would have to deliver at a local hospital.... and not the hospital that I'd prefer to deliver (if I went the hospital route again).

If you are using a birth center and midwife.... how did you find it? My search is getting rather frustrating! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: out of hospital birth centers

• There are 2 birth centers in my county. One does VBACS, one does not. I had to have a consultation and a interview/medical review and the 3 midwives had to vote me in. Keep looking and keep calling. GL.

Edit: medical record review 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • None of the birth centers near me would do VBAC and I ended up having a home birth.  I hope you can find an option you are happy with.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an appointment with the midwives at the women's hospital I gave birth at previously... I am hoping that even though I'll be at the hospital, they will be really encouraging and help me along this journey. We're going to discuss VBACs and fertility next week. Fingers crossed this is a good option!

After calling a few places there is nowhere near me (birth center) that will do a vbac. So discouraging.  

• None of the birth centers around Philly do VBACs.  So, I have selected a midwife who delivers in a hospital.  We found her through ICAN, google and thebump.  With several positive reviews, I was sold.
  • The birth center I used does VBACs on a case by case basis.  I hope you find a provider/birth place you feel good about!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"