November 2011 Moms
Options

puddle of milk

Anyone else waking up in a puddle of milk?  I am BF and the past few nights I have woke up in a puddle of milk and my breasts engourged.  I soak through my shirt and leak onto the bed or the comforter.  Anyone else having this problem?  I go ahead when I wake up and wake my little man up to eat whether he is up or not.  It usually happens when he is sleeping 3 1/2 to 4 hrs.  He does sleep that long like once a night which is nice but waking up sore, tight, and covered in milk isn't so nice.  Then while I'm finally feeding him my other breast is leaking away.  I wish I could pump and feed at the same time.  That would be nice!

Re: puddle of milk

• Options

I'm not sure if this would be a possibility for you, but when I was extremely engorged like that and little one could not keep up with my supply, I nursed him on one side and DH held the pump to the other side.  I was able to stay dry, little one was fed and I was able to hoard the extra.  The excessive supply did not last long; I think my body was adjusting to how much little one needed.  This won't help with waking uncomfortable and wet, but at least it will make feeding time better. Good luck!

• Options
    That happens to me if I forget to put in a breast pad. I would caution you against pumping because if you pump your body is going to think baby needs it and you will keep making that much. I would hold off untill your more regulated, unless you need a freezer stash.  When I was nursing my 1st dd I would have my husband just hold a bottle under my breast and I would save/freeze that milk for cereal. I didnt want to just bottle feed it to her because it was all formilk (I just caught the drips and didnt express or pump any out) I felt like it was  waste to just let it drip into a cloth or pad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

are you sleeping on your stomach? that caused me issues with my first baby

also... wear a bra and breast pads to bed.

I sometimes hand express some milk into a burp cloth to relieve some pressure, you can try that.  Your supply will regulate soon and it won't be as much of a problem. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

That happened to me the other night. I had a girl's night out so I had a few glasses of wine - obviously didn't BF her or pump - I went straight to bed when I got home. I woke up on my stomach in a pool of milk. Oops! haha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"