January 2012 Moms
Options

Cpw: Are you where you thought you would be in life?

Thinking back to your high school or early college self...are you where you thought you would be at work, family life, social life, ect[Poll]
~Nicole~
imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: Cpw: Are you where you thought you would be in life?

• Options

Oh my gosh I am NOWHERE near where I thought I'd be in life right now, but in a very very good way.  Funny that you did this poll, because I was just thinking about this last night.

In the past year and a half, I found the strength to leave my abusive ex-h, fell in love with my best friend, graduated with my bachelors, started a new job, sold a house, moved to a new area of the state, and now we're getting ready to meet our baby in a few weeks.  Oh God, my hormones are going to make me cry thinking about how far I've come, and how good life is now! Big Smile

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options

I answered "no, not at all."  I am not where I thought I would be but I am defiantly where I want to be!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAliW220:

Oh my gosh I am NOWHERE near where I thought I'd be in life right now, but in a very very good way.  Funny that you did this poll, because I was just thinking about this last night.

In the past year and a half, I found the strength to leave my abusive ex-h, fell in love with my best friend, graduated with my bachelors, started a new job, sold a house, moved to a new area of the state, and now we're getting ready to meet our baby in a few weeks.  Oh God, my hormones are going to make me cry thinking about how far I've come, and how good life is now! Big Smile

Wow!  That is a year! Party!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

In high school I thought I would be married by the age of 25, that didn't happen.

In college I thought I would never get married and end up adopting a child because I was in a dead end relationship.

Finally at the age of 29 I decided to leave my emotionally abusive ex of 10 years and 11 months after I left him I got married and now I am expecting my first child.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAliW220:

That is fantastic!! So happy for you! 

~Nicole~
  • Options
    I'm about where I thought I would be education wise. Although the job is very different. Overall I very happy where life has taken me socially. 
    ~Nicole~
  • Options
    Actually I am where I wanted to be, just ahead of schedule. I've always wanted my career. I thought that would keep me from having the family so soon. I figured by 30-35 I'd have it all. Both DH have our own successful business answer to no one hypothetically. I can be a SAHM with my work. I'm 27, I just never imagined I'd have it all this early on. I freaked out being preg with DD on my last year of college thinking everything and all my plans were out the window. When in fact it motivated me that much more to get everything into gear that much sooner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup. We've been lucky and things just worked out!
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options

I was where I thought I wanted to be professionally, after years of trying - only to find out that it was a horrible place to be (long hours, no work-family balance, emotionally and mentally abusive boss). My former boss's reaction to finding out that I was pregnant was the final straw! I left my previous job around 24 weeks pregnant and found a wonderful position that is only slightly tangent to where I thought I would be, with much better pay and benefits, working with incredible people. I have such a better work-life balance that I do not even know what to do with all of my free time. I almost forgot what it was like to not be a slave to work email on my smartphone!

In my personal life, I married someone who met NONE of the top ten criteria that I told my bff that I wanted 10 years ago, but who turned out to truly be my end-each-other's-sentences kind of soulmate!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I chose no but happy with the surprises. 

I never wanted to get married or have more children.  I loved just being free and dating lots of people and travelling the world.  Sometimes I thought of marriage but didn't think I would ever find someone I could tolerate living with. 

But when I met my husband it was just easy and effortless and the path my life has taken has been so natural and I am the most content I ever have been:)  Our baby planning is right on schedule.  We wanted to be married at least 2 years before getting pregnant and it was about 2.5 when I found out.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    I voted yes without a doubt but this is where I hoped I would be, not where I THOUGHT I would be.  I have everything I had always wished and hoped for growing up.  I really feel very blessed and lucky.  But, as far as what I THOUGHT I would be?  I was convinced I would never get married, never find someone to love me, never have children, etc etc.  Marrying my husband was the best thing I ever did.  It was like winning the lottery.  I never imagined I would actually meet someone as wonderful as him who actually wanted to marry me too.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"