Secondary IF

IF Cure ladies

I go to my 1st TCM/acupuncture appt tomorrow and am trying to get a jump start on eliminating caffeine, refined sugar, white carbs, etc.  I normally have 1 cup of coffee a day and no more caffeine than that.  I am embarrassed at how bad I eat, so I am gradually cutting back on what I shouldn't be eating, so today I started this "plan."  I'm not sure that what I am even eating is right or wrong, but I have a MONSTER HEADACHE.  I feel nauseaus and can hardly keep my eyes open it hurts so bad.  Is this b/c of sugar/caffeine withdrawal?  I feel like a crackhead.  How long does this last?  I can barely function.  Is this normal?  I really want to chug some OJ but I know I probably shouldn't.  Do I need to just wait it out?  HELP!!!!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: IF Cure ladies

• Oh no! I'd say it is definitely withdrawl. If I were you, I would drink some green tea and eat some rasins or grapes. I know it's not what you're craving, but it should help your headache. It takes awhile to get used to everything, but the physical effects should only last a few days.

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Love your siggy pic!!!  Thank you....runs off to make green tea and eat green apple (lowest sugar fruit I have). 
    Doriimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAmandaMacD:
    Love your siggy pic!!!  Thank you....runs off to make green tea and eat green apple (lowest sugar fruit I have). 

Thanks! DD hated the photographer, but this is the best we got! Glad I could help. I drink a cup of GT every morning and it helps wake me up a bit. Hope you feel better!

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

Lou's Infertility News

• I thought I'd already replied to this post...Silly Bump ate my post.

I agree with LLL (sorry, linz, getting tired of spelling and rechecking your name Wink.

Was also going to add bananas, maybe?

Plenty of fluid, warm, not gold.

Also, chiming in on the love of LLL's new siggy. You are so young, woman!

So, with the green tea...does it have to be straight, or can it have a flavor? I haven't yet fully gotten in on the love of green tea. Rooibos, yes, but not green.  I could gag it down like a do my wheatgrass, I suppose. I don't ever put sweeteners in my tea, but maybe almond milk would help it....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagechoirgirl:

I thought I'd already replied to this post...Silly Bump ate my post.

I agree with LLL (sorry, linz, getting tired of spelling and rechecking your name Wink.

So, with the green tea...does it have to be straight, or can it have a flavor? I haven't yet fully gotten in on the love of green tea. Rooibos, yes, but not green.  I could gag it down like a do my wheatgrass, I suppose. I don't ever put sweeteners in my tea, but maybe almond milk would help it....

Bananas are very yin. So, if you have a yang dificiency anywhere, don't eat them. Hard thing for me. I LOVE bananas!

Thanks! I'm 28, but have been asked if I was the daughter of two separate 30 year old relatives in the past two weeks. Definitely a much needed ego boost:) Now, if someone could tell my aging ovaries that I'm young, I would be grateful. With an AMH of 1.2 and an FSH of 8, they seem to think I'm a bit older:(

As for the tea, I think it's suposed to be straight. The taste isn't good, but I have gotten used to it. I mix my wheatgrass with rice milk. Maybe you could add that to the tea. It has a natural sweetness that I love. Trader Joe's brand has the best flavor and is the cheapest. I thought IF cure says to stay away from almonds.

Lou's Infertility News

• imagelillinzlou:
    imagechoirgirl:

Bananas are very yin. So, if you have a yang dificiency anywhere, don't eat them. Hard thing for me. I LOVE bananas!

Thanks! I'm 28, but have been asked if I was the daughter of two separate 30 year old relatives in the past two weeks. Definitely a much needed ego boost:) Now, if someone could tell my aging ovaries that I'm young, I would be grateful. With an AMH of 1.2 and an FSH of 8, they seem to think I'm a bit older:(

As for the tea, I think it's suposed to be straight. The taste isn't good, but I have gotten used to it. I mix my wheatgrass with rice milk. Maybe you could add that to the tea. It has a natural sweetness that I love. Trader Joe's brand has the best flavor and is the cheapest. I thought IF cure says to stay away from almonds.

Right, about the bananas.  I am very yang and don't eat them, but I wasn't thinking that, I was just thinking they always seem to help my headaches.  Too many balls in the air.

Are you serious about the almonds??? I have to go back and read.  Since I'm supposed to be off of both dairy and processed soy, unsweetened almond milk is the only thing I've been able to stomach.  The rice milk tastes too sweet to me.  I like rice milk lattes better than almond milk ones but that's the only way I like it, and since I'm off coffee I've been off rice milk.  

Sadly, we have no Trader Joe's in Denver. I think the closest is Santa Fe, NM.  Seriously.  6 hours. I'll hit it in St. Louis when I'm there after the holidays, but we are flying, so I can't see flying much back.

People never believe I'm almost 42, people usually guess I'm about 34. I got carded until I was 35 or so, but now I only get carded in places that brag they card if you are 90 years old. You look so great, it just no fair your ovaries have been acting older than their age.

I'm seriously checking about almonds, I thought they were good for me. My issues are spleen, with kidney yang and liver.  Not heat and not kidney yin.  Some damp, and occasional cold uterus. My only heart symptom is the tongue crack.

• imagechoirgirl:
    imagelillinzlou:
    imagechoirgirl:

Right, about the bananas.  I am very yang and don't eat them, but I wasn't thinking that, I was just thinking they always seem to help my headaches.  Too many balls in the air.

Are you serious about the almonds??? I have to go back and read.  Since I'm supposed to be off of both dairy and processed soy, unsweetened almond milk is the only thing I've been able to stomach.  The rice milk tastes too sweet to me.  I like rice milk lattes better than almond milk ones but that's the only way I like it, and since I'm off coffee I've been off rice milk.  

Sadly, we have no Trader Joe's in Denver. I think the closest is Santa Fe, NM.  Seriously.  6 hours. I'll hit it in St. Louis when I'm there after the holidays, but we are flying, so I can't see flying much back.

People never believe I'm almost 42, people usually guess I'm about 34. I got carded until I was 35 or so, but now I only get carded in places that brag they card if you are 90 years old. You look so great, it just no fair your ovaries have been acting older than their age.

I'm seriously checking about almonds, I thought they were good for me. My issues are spleen, with kidney yang and liver.  Not heat and not kidney yin.  Some damp, and occasional cold uterus. My only heart symptom is the tongue crack.

I read that the only nuts we should eat, with our diagnosis, are walnuts. The other nuts are too hard to digest and cause stasis.

When I was waiting tables, I carded this woman who ordered a drink. I thought that she couldn't be more than 23 years old. She was 45! She was sitting with her son, who I thought was her older boyfriend! I couldn't believe it! I immediately asked her about her skin regimen and have been following it ever since. I hope to look like I'm in my 30's when I'm in my 40's. That's awesome!

Lou's Infertility News

• imagelillinzlou:
    imagechoirgirl:
    imagelillinzlou:
    imagechoirgirl:

I read that the only nuts we should eat, with our diagnosis, are walnuts. The other nuts are too hard to digest and cause stasis.

When I was waiting tables, I carded this woman who ordered a drink. I thought that she couldn't be more than 23 years old. She was 45! She was sitting with her son, who I thought was her older boyfriend! I couldn't believe it! I immediately asked her about her skin regimen and have been following it ever since. I hope to look like I'm in my 30's when I'm in my 40's. That's awesome!

Please share this regimen!

Doriimage
  • She never uses soap on her face. Only a washcloth and warm water. And to moisturize, she used glycerin and rosewater. When mixed together, it looks like water. You just need a tiny bit. I used to break out all the time and I suffered from terrible combination skin. I have been using this for 5 years and have only had a handful of zits and no more dry cheeks with oily "t" zone. Love it!

Lou's Infertility News

• imagelillinzlou:
    She never uses soap on her face. Only a washcloth and warm water. And to moisturize, she used glycerin and rosewater. When mixed together, it looks like water. You just need a tiny bit. I used to break out all the time and I suffered from terrible combination skin. I have been using this for 5 years and have only had a handful of zits and no more dry cheeks with oily "t" zone. Love it!

Thanks for sharing.  Cannot wait to try it!

Doriimage
  • When I first quit caffeine, I had a rip-roaring headache for about two days.  I never went back, now drink only decaf.  

I don't want to go through that again.  

Hope you feel better soon! 

TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelillinzlou:

I had to take my IF cure back to the library, but the diet recommendations from my acupuncturist specifically say I SHOULD be eating almonds.  This is for blood deficiency though so that may not apply to you. 

• imagelillinzlou:
    She never uses soap on her face. Only a washcloth and warm water. And to moisturize, she used glycerin and rosewater. When mixed together, it looks like water. You just need a tiny bit. I used to break out all the time and I suffered from terrible combination skin. I have been using this for 5 years and have only had a handful of zits and no more dry cheeks with oily "t" zone. Love it!

OK, where do you get glycerin and rosewater? And do you just combine equal amounts? (Ha, this is turning into a skincare thread :) )

• I always get mine at whole foods. But you can get them at any health foods store. I've even seen glycerin at CVS.

There is typically instructions on the glycerin bottle. It says to mix it with water, though. I'm pretty sure it's a 1 part glycerin to 3 parts rose water. Good luck!

Lou's Infertility News

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"