Cloth Diapering

Ewww in my washer!!

I just went to get my prefolds, wetbags, and covers out of the washer after the whole wash routine and there was small pockets of poop on the inside walls of washer and on a few items.  I haven't been doing this long but is this supposed to happen?  What am I doing wrong?  My DD is FF and BF if you would need to know that.

Thanks for your help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: Ewww in my washer!!

• No, it's not.  How old is your washer, and how full was the load?
  • The washer is 8 years old and the load was about medium size.  Definitely not over filled or anything.  I picked out what I saw and am rewashing everything.  I just don't want this to happen again if I can help it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think with EBF poop you don't need to rinse the diaper before putting in your diaper pail, but FF poop you need to. Maybe try rinsing/spraying solids into the toilet before you wash.
  • imageCDAS0506:
    I think with EBF poop you don't need to rinse the diaper before putting in your diaper pail, but FF poop you need to. Maybe try rinsing/spraying solids into the toilet before you wash.

You don't have to rinse FF poop.  We never did, not once and never had poop in the washer.

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Maybe not enough water in the load?  What is your wash routine?
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • I rinse on cold first, wash with hot water, then rinse twice on cold.
  • Weird. I have been cd'ing for the past 2 1/2- 3 years and never had poop stuck to my wash. Very odd.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelmlorenz12:
    I rinse on cold first, wash with hot water, then rinse twice on cold.
    That sounds okay. I do a quick wash on cold first instead of a rinse because I like the extra agitation. Make sure the water level is as high as it goes, and you only wash 12-18 diapers at a time. (ie a small load of CDs done on a large load setting) Do you have a TL or FL?
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • I will try switching to the full wash beforehand. Its very possible that not enough water was the problem as well.  My husband thinks it was set on medium load.  Thanks for the tips.

I have a top load.

• imagelmlorenz12:

I will try switching to the full wash beforehand. Its very possible that not enough water was the problem as well.  My husband thinks it was set on medium load.  Thanks for the tips.

I have a top load.

Always use the highest water level, because CDs need a lot of water to get clean.  Let us know if you are still having problems and we will try to troubleshoot some more.  GL!

• Thanks ladies so much for all your help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"