December 2010 Moms
Options

Is it time?

DS turned 11 months today (30 days til first birthday!OMG) and I'm still EBF. I wanted to EBF as long as possible but when I pump at work and at night I barely get an oz rarely I can get 2 oz per session. This is my last week of class/work and next week is finals so I'll only need probably 3 or 4 more bottles this year (which is already in the fridge). Should I go ahead and cut out a pump session now? and at what point should I introduce WCM or should I wait for his pedi to tell me that? TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.

Re: Is it time?

• Options

I gave up pumping about 2 weeks ago because I was only pumping about 1/3 oz per hour (it used to be a 1-to-1 ratio.) Luckily I have enough in my freezer to get us through the end of the year (his bday is 1/2 and we have 75 oz in the freezer).

I would wait for the pedi to tell if whether to introduce WCM, but at the same time, I don't feel like it's wrong to supplement your BFing with WCM if he's 11 months and you need a little extra.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

If you have enough BM stored up and you're ready then by all means stop pumping.  I plan to send BM to DC until Dec 23, and I have my count down of the number of pumping sessions I have left (53.)

Most Drs seem to recomend no WCM until 1 year, but mine said that we could start as early as 11 months.  I haven't yet just because I want to use up my freezer stash. 

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm getting about an oz each session (2 a day) and the baby sitter is only gonna keep him 2 more days before he turns 1 because I will be home to feed him on demand

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"