Secondary IF

TCM/IF Cure Ladies: update and a question

Today is cd12, and late last night I had a hunch, and my OPK was positive (only got a plain circle earlier in the evening, but I thought the line was getting darker).

And, for the first time since, I don't know, March 1st, I think, I got 2 days of high readings on the fertility monitor before a peak (I've gone straight to peak from low or had 8 days of high before a peak since then).  Last month my LP was 14 days, so I either had a tiny CP (with that super low beta) or my LP was a day longer than it's been for months (tho I was perfectly happy with a 13 day LP). I just in general feel more easy going and in tune with things. All seems well on that front. Also, we DTD both of the last 2 nights, so I feel good about our coverage, hopefully more tonight and then if we can stand each other, tomorrow night.

So here's my question. Today, I'm having crazy ovulation cramping/pain. It was wicked for about an hour earlier this am, and now it's just dull, but it's there, and on both sides.  Piercing pain this am on both sides.  Now I'm used to O pain from my medicated cycles, and used to getting one definite twinge on nonmedicated cycles, but this seems weird to me. I don't have my book with me at work, but I remember O pain being something that was not a good thing in TCM, that it meant something was out of balance, but I can't remember what. I texted my acupuncturist, and she had me up my dose of my liver/kidney herbs, but that's all (it was a text after all).  Was there more detail in the book that you guys remember?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TCM/IF Cure Ladies: update and a question

• I have my book open and it says that pain at O indicates Blood stasis (Bl X) and bloating at O indicates Liver Qi stagnation (Lv Qi X)  

For pain it says to:

- Invigorate static blood by stimulating acupressure points like Sp 10 and UB 17
    - Acupressure point ear intertragic notch should be massaged to encourage proper circulation
    - Blood-invigorating herbs like peach kernel (Tao Ren) also can relieve ovulatory pain

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • imageAmandaMacD:

I have my book open and it says that pain at O indicates Blood stasis (Bl X) and bloating at O indicates Liver Qi stagnation (Lv Qi X)  

For pain it says to:

- Invigorate static blood by stimulating acupressure points like Sp 10 and UB 17
    - Acupressure point ear intertragic notch should be massaged to encourage proper circulation
    - Blood-invigorating herbs like peach kernel (Tao Ren) also can relieve ovulatory pain

Thanks!

Oh, and your post to me was buried...so glad you like them!  When I asked a friend who always has cool socks where she gets them, she sent me to a website, and I found the big fluffy socks you said you wanted.  Then later on, I found stripes and polka dots. I didn't think the striped ones looked like a hot enough pink, so I went with polka dots!  I bought some for myself, since my kidney yang issues are keeping me in cold feet at night, so I know they are cozy.  I got black with white dots bc I usually wear black yoga pants to bed. So we are sort of sock twins :).

• Loading the player...
  • imageAmandaMacD:

I have my book open and it says that pain at O indicates Blood stasis (Bl X) and bloating at O indicates Liver Qi stagnation (Lv Qi X)  

For pain it says to:

Awesome response!

Just wanted to add that I had the same thing last month and it was very odd for me too. My accupuncturist didn't seem too concerned, though. I thought it was a sign of ovulating from both sides, but who knows.

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Hmm, now I am freaked out because I definitely had o pain this cycle too.  Well, it wasn't really painful, but I was definitely aware that something was going on in there.  I feel like I even know exactly when I o'd because it woke me up.  I was taking it as a good sign that I had some good follicles!  I didn't think to mention it to my acupuncturist but I'll ask him about it today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"