Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Pregnant again or...?

I had DS in August and have been on the pill since my 6 week appointment. I've taken two packs of birth control already and just picked up my third. My period was supposed to start Sunday and I haven't gotten it yet. DH have only had sex once since DS was born and that was two weeks ago today. The pill should've been in my system and we used a condom. I know it's common for cycles to be off after birth but my first two were normal and nothing was out of the ordinary, so that's why I'm freaking out. Is it normal to have some normal and some unusual cycles after giving birth? Also I'm FF. Really nervous about Irish twins and I'm scared to go take a test and see something I really don't want to see.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant again or...?

• Options
    Sounds like you used plenty of protection. I'd give it some time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    I guess its possible and though I dont have any expirience with that since I only just  had my first in August also, I doubt that your prego agian,, Birth control realy changes hormones. I have had sex allot more than once since having my baby and havent had my period yet and Im not on BC but Im not worried because I dont feel prego at all... Did you know when u became prego? I definatly did,,, starting with the first few min after conception.. Haha ! So as long as you feel normal dont stress,,, chances are overwhelmingly agianst you being Prego agian right now   :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you on any other medication? I don't just mean antoibiotics. I found out too late that my bipolar medication interferes with BCP.

I'd say give it a few days, then if you are still worried, POAS

• Options
    No other medications at all. I've just always had regular periods and even the first two after my baby were normal. I was only one day late when I took my pregnancy test to discover I was having my baby boy because I knew something was up and sure enough, it was positive. I'm just nervous!!!!
  • Options
    When I was on BCP before #1, I started my period on Tuesday every pack of pills for over a year. Then, suddenly, it jumped to Thursday, then Saturday, then back to Thursday... all over the place! Even on the pill your hormone levels are fluctuating, so things can vary a little. Give it a few days, if nothing test before starting the next pack of pills.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We only use condoms and I'm not pregnant yet! Sounds like you've used enough protection! Cycles can be super wonky after pregnancy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A condom plus BC pills .... I'd say you were pretty well protected. But, there's always that tiny chance. However, I think it is normal for you to have some regular cycles and some not so regular after giving birth plus throwing the hormones from the pill in there, too. I would give it a few more days before POAS but if you're worried just go do it. If you do "see something you really don't want to see" it's better to know than to wonder, right?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i eff and am on the pill also.  the first month my period came early, when i was still on the last week of active pills.  then the following 2 were really short and super super light.  and they came 2-3 days after the active pills stopped.  i wondered if this was normal also but i figured since i get some kind of period its ok.  i would either pick up a hpt or call your doc office to see what their opinion is.  they may tell you to test, which is probably the best idea... it will be better to know one way or the other rather than worry about the possible outcomes, imo!  good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I'm in the same boat.  This is the end of my second cycle on the Mini Pill, and we've been using condoms.  Still waiting around for mine!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"