TTC after 35
Options

Sigh.

So, my progesterone supplements (or maybe the natural p4 levels from my med-enhanced number of follies this cycle) are really kicking in.  My boobs hurt and feel huge, and beginning today I'm feeling really moody.  And it's still relatively early so I don't even have the consolation of imagining these could be pg symptoms.

So naturally today's the day that when I log into Facebook in an idle moment at work I find out that friends of DH and I who have already conceived and had one child since we started TTC are now pg with another -- soon they'll have two under two.  Lapped twice!  We see these friends a lot, and I think they're great parents, so of course I'm happy for them.  Any other day I would have reacted fine.  But today I teared up (several times now) and feel sad and envious.  :-(  I feel awful for feeling this way.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent -- hoping I can put this out of my mind so I can concentrate on work.  (Another thing the progesterone makes more difficult --boo.)

Re: Sigh.

• Options

I know how you are feeling with PG friends - I was optimistic last cycle and then a dear friend tells be she is PG with #2 the day after AF arrived.  Great timing there.  And then we blew it this cycle - I got really sick over Thanksgiving and we were hosting company - all just before I Oed. 

Wishing you good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    So sorry you are feeling down. It really stinks wanting to be happy for a friend but resenting it at the same time. It's ok to feel that way though, totally understandable!
    TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    (Hugs)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sorry your feeling down...it stinks. My PG friend called me Sun to talk and started to discuss her nursery for the baby. She did DE IVF so I knew she had a hard time getting PG but it still hurts. I sobbed all day...plus I'm due for AF.

Hang in there:) (HUGS)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options

Ugh. Pregnancy announcement are the worst. Especially when you get lapped. Sorry you're having a rough time.

I think the progesterone is making me break out. I have three big zits on my chin, and I almost never get acne. Grrrrr. Feeling tired and cranky, too. It doesn't help that I started a new job this week.

Hang in there! 

Me = 38, Husband = 31. TTC since 1/10. M/C at 8 wks 5/10. Started trying again 9/10. All tests normal: AMH/MIS, FSH, HSG, SA. Estradoil high. 6/20/11 - Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN. 7/17/11 - Clomid+IUI#2=BFN. 2 natural cycles = BFN. 10/6/11 - Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFN. 10/31/11 - Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI#4 = BFN. 11/26/11 - Follistim+Ovidrel+IUI#5 = BFN. IVF#1 - Menopur+Follistim. 2 ET 5/11/12 = BFN.
  • Options
    I feel your pain. It's amazing how the most exciting news can bring out the green monster in the best of us. We seem to be asking ourselves...Why can't that be me? I know I have been doing that alot lately. I am sorry. Hang in there.
    TTC #1 since 2/10 Me 38 FSH 12.9 & AMH 0.16 DH 47, low sperm count due to meds. 07/11 We have sperm! 28 million, 70% motility, morphology 1% normal. 08/14/11 1st IUI unmedicated BFN. 09/11/11 2nd IUI w/ Femara + trigger BFN 10/14/11 trigger & Final IUI 10/16/11 BFN 10/21/11 Started acupuncture and loving it! 01/21 ET one embryo 6 cell grade C. Beta 02/02. BFN. Taking a much needed break. image
  • Options
    {{{{{hugs}}}}} I'm sorry.  It really sucks.
    Us: 39(me)/41(he). TTC since April '11. DOR/MFI. March '12: surgery to remove fibroids, cysts, and endometriosis.
    IVF #1: 9/13/12. ER: 9/25. 3R, 2M, 1F. ET: 9/28 (1-6B). Beta: moved from 10/11 to 10/10: BFN.
    IVF #2: 11/12 cycle postponed due to Sandy and then cancelled due to elevated E2.
    IVF #2.1 cancelled due to cyst.
    IVF #2.2: 2/2/13. Converted to IUI. BFN
    IVF #3.0: 3/2014. BCP & Microdose Lupron.  Cycle cancelled due to poor response.
    IVF #4.0: 2/2015. EPP @ new RE. ER: 3/8. 3R, 3M, 1F. ET: 3/11 (1-8cell). 3/23 Beta: 16.9. 3/25 Beta: 71.6. 3/27 Beta: 300. 3/29 Beta: 800 3/31 Beta: 1816. 4/1 Beta: 4342. m/c at 6w2d. Goodbye little one. I loved you already.
    P/SAIF Welcome.
    My Blog
    imageimageBirthday image

• Options
    I am really sorry you are feeling this way. I know exactly how you feel and I wish I knew how to make it better. :-(
    M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options

Thanks, guys.  You all helped me feel better.

I'm cranky again today but at least there haven't been more pg announcements . . . yet.  ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"