Secondary IF

My beta came back today...

It was 2. I was told anything under 1 is negative, but what the heck is 2?! He told me if I don't get AF in 2 weeks he will send me for a repeat beta. 

I'm a tiny bit hopeful since last Friday (the 18th) it was 28. So I would think  the trigger would be out by now and that the 2 is my body starting a pregnancy?

Give it to me honestly, could this be a REALLY early pregnancy or is it a negative and I should start looking at our next steps?

Our Girls
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
AquinnahDori
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: My beta came back today...

• I am not sure what to think about 2 either, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have no clue! Can you get a repeat beta earlier to see if it is climbing? I would drive myself crazy not knowing!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no clue on a 2, but I wanted to say good luck and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!
  • I'm sorry that's so inconclusive.  For my RE anything under a 5 is a negative.  Some women apparently walk around with HCG at 2 normally.  You're at 14dpiui right?  I don't know -- that number would be pretty low for one just starting.  Did you test out the trigger or have you ever?  For me a pre-filled Ovidrel trigger is usually out by 7dpiui.  I'm so sorry that this cycle has been such a mess -- how are you recovering from the OHSS?
  • 2?  H4M, I'm really, really sorry to give you my true opinion, but I don't think my hopes would be too high with that.  I hope I'm wrong and I can't imagine how you must be feeling.  You deserve to have a positive.  I just can't understand why it hasn't happened for you yet.  

But...didn't some else here start with a crazy low beta and had a healthy baby?  FTG or Josie?  I can't remember.  If I were you, I'd POAS everyday for the next few days.  That'll tell you what you need to know.  Do you have $ tests in Canada?  If not, I can mail you some.  Let me know.  (((HUGS)))

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • I'm almost positive that there is someone on PAIF that had a 4 for their first beta and it all turned out ok. My first beta was only 27 and I think that was even a few days after what yours would have been. There is always hope and I've got my fingers crossed for you!
    IUI #5 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI 10/15 = BFP

Beta #1 27 (13 dpo) Beta #2 143 (16 dpo) Beta #3 436 (19 dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• UGH!!!  I truly want this to work out for you, but IMHO, I don't think its promising.  I pray I am wrong.  Maybe its a chemical pregnancy?  Either way, I am praying for the best!  {{{HUGS}}}
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
  • My RE's lab uses 4 as the "negative" cutoff, but when I called them about last month's 2.5, which was drawn at a different lab, they said every lab had their own cutoffs.  And that people can walk around with a tiny bit of hCG in them.  Which was weird to me because I had a flat out zero 2 months ago when I did my last IUI.

If you want honesty, I'd say it's pretty unlikely, give you are already 14 days past.  But I suppose stranger things have happened.  

• I thought anything under 5 was a negative. I hope that's not the case, though. Maybe their lab has different standards.
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • That test was taken at 12dpiui, but I too am not very hopeful. Life sucks sometimes. 

We have started looking into surrogacy again... 

Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
  • imageGypsyEsq:
    I'm sorry that's so inconclusive.  For my RE anything under a 5 is a negative.  Some women apparently walk around with HCG at 2 normally.  You're at 14dpiui right?  I don't know -- that number would be pretty low for one just starting.  Did you test out the trigger or have you ever?  For me a pre-filled Ovidrel trigger is usually out by 7dpiui.  I'm so sorry that this cycle has been such a mess -- how are you recovering from the OHSS?

I was 12dpiui when the test was done. I am 14dpiui today. I tested out my trigger, it was 5000ius and the beta on the 18th at 28 was still the trigger. 

I seem to be recovering fine now. My scan monday said I'm back to almost normal.  I am back to my pre-cycle weight and feeling good physically. Emotionally I'm sad. 

Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
  • Get them to do another beta. If it's around 10 or 12 you're headed in the right direction. I wouln't be encouraged br that number. That's why I would ask for another beta..... I would want a conclusive answer. Jeeze-you've been through some tough crap. I am just holding out all the hope I can for you hon.
  • imageougrad1:
    Get them to do another beta. If it's around 10 or 12 you're headed in the right direction. I wouln't be encouraged br that number. That's why I would ask for another beta..... I would want a conclusive answer. Jeeze-you've been through some tough crap. I am just holding out all the hope I can for you hon.
    This.  If you took the test at 12dpiui it's still low but not as low as it would be for 14dpiui.  To make you wait two weeks is asinine.  Ask for a stat beta so you get same day results (if possible) waiting two days isn't fun either :(  I'm so sorry though, this is some rollercoaster.
  • Also, I don't mean to give you false hope, but check out the singleton chart here:

https://www.betabase.info

I'd totally be going for asking for another stat beta/prog if AF isn't here yet.

In my case, I got my temp drop the next day, so AF just came a day late. If that hadn't happened, I'd have been tempted to use the standing order for my second beta.

Also, dear, I just got your PM while checking mine when I was PMing someone on my local board.  I wish TB notified us when we got PM! No worries, you are good. I'll try to reply later, but thanks for writing and you're fine :)

• To be honest, I also thought that anything under 5 was considered negative as well, but I do have a girlfriend whose first beta was a 4 and now she has a one year old.  So FX that this is the beginning of them going up.  Is it possible for them to test them again on Friday instead of you having to wait a couple of weeks? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I never even make it to beta's except for last month when they told me it was negative...and even then I don't know what my number was...Praying for the best for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"