Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Food Q's

Ok these might be dumb.

1. What's the concensus on introducing peppers/onions/berries? What have you read/been told and what are you actually doing?

2. When do you get rid of bed time snack? I'm not thinking of doing this anytime soon, but I do want to move her bedtime nursing to before bathtime because when she gets actual food for a bedtime snack I don't want her to get dirty before bed, plus I don't want her to rely on bedtime nursing, and then I think eventually she shouldn't need a bedtime snack. When is that usually?

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Food Q's

• Options

I've never heard anything about onions or peppers, we were told all berries were fine at her 9month appointment. Blueberries were fine before that.

I'd get rid of bedtime snack when she doesn't need it anymore, right now I know she's still hungry, she still gets up at least once more at night to eat she's very active and not gaining a ton.  I can't really say an age, I think it depends on the kid.

• Options

1. I don't plan on trying peppers/onions anytime soon. I think the flavors are too string just yet. We haven't tried the 'gassy' veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus) yet, so those will come first. She has had blueberries and raspberries already with no problems.

2. Once we cut the bedtime nursing, I don't plan to do a bedtime snack. She has dinner at 6:30/7pm, so she'll have than then get her bath at 7:30 as usual. She still nurses for about 5 minutes right before I put her down, but I think it's more of a comfort thing at this point, not a nutritional need. I plan to cut it by 12m and have also toyed with the idea of moving it before bathtime, but no decision on that yet. If I do move it before bath, I'll move dinner earlier temporarily.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. We introduced onions, peppers about 9 or 10 months. Berries about 10 or 11 months.

2. We still do a bed time bottle. I think once he is fully on CM (this weekend) we will try to stop the bed time bottle and see if it effects STTN.  Not sure what you mean by getting actual food for a bedtime snack. I have never done that and don't plan to feed him real food after dinner.  We eat dinner at 6:30 or 7pm.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    imagehmp&mrj:

1. We introduced onions, peppers about 9 or 10 months. Berries about 10 or 11 months.

2. We still do a bed time bottle. I think once he is fully on CM (this weekend) we will try to stop the bed time bottle and see if it effects STTN.  Not sure what you mean by getting actual food for a bedtime snack. I have never done that and don't plan to feed him real food after dinner.  We eat dinner at 6:30 or 7pm.

I mean like fruit and crackers before bed or something. I just assumed that if I cut out BM that they should still get a snack. I'm not sure why.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"