Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

NBR: inexpensive xmas gifts

So we have a HUGE family, and our christmas list is 50ppl long.... seeing as we're not millionaires, it just isn't feasible to get expensive gifts. So I'm looking for suggestions for inexpensive gifts and where I can find them- especially for men, women are easier (I found a bunch of foot lotion/socks combos for $3.99 at daffys, and some candles, etc). So where do you get gifts/stocking stuffers for $10 & under? TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NBR: inexpensive xmas gifts

• Options
    Holy moly that's a lot of people to buy for!  Have you suggested a yankee swap at the family party?  I'm sure everyone would be releived to not have to buy as much!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've tried that before (with the adults), but then people still felt obligated to buy stuff for siblings and parents, and since we all got stuff for the kids anyway, we wound up spending more $$
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLynsiBHM:
    Holy moly that's a lot of people to buy for!  Have you suggested a yankee swap at the family party?  I'm sure everyone would be releived to not have to buy as much!

This!  DH's family isn't nearly as big but we do a gift exchange for the adults and then everyone buy's presents for the kids.  It's much easier on our wallets ;)

imageimageimageimage
  • Options

wow 50 ppl is insane and can certainly break a person's piggy bank.  I'm am very grateful for any gifts that I receive but the 'cheapo cr@p gifts' tend to stay on display in our guest room that is barely used. When DD1 was born we didn't have much money and everyone understood.  We gave each person a picture calendar marked w/ b-days, anniversary, etc...from snapfish.  We also gave out personalized m&m's. 

this yr we're giving scratch off lotto tix to the 10 DC teachers b/c again we're on a budget.  that may be an idea for your fam too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I like to make the cookie jar gifts. You put all the dry ingredients from a cookie recipe in a jar and attach the recipe.

I made small desk calendars for a few of my family members on vistaprint. Since I love pictures of DS, I used a bunch of him through this year. I added all the family birthdays in too. I got the first one free and you can get more for fairly cheap.

• Options
    You can buy hand-made soaps or you can make them. Same with candles. Sometimes I buy Lind chocolates for people I have no clue what to buy for. They usually look nice and most people we know love chocolate. I don't know if your family drinks wine, but if they do, you can buy it by the case (usually there is a discount) at a local winery and give a bottle to each person with a pretty tag on it. We live near the finger lakes and there is some decent wine you can get for $10 or less. Likewise, I've seen handpainted wine glasses or you can decorate your own with glass markers. Hmmm...I'm going to have to put all this brainstorming to good use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options

Our family has a "kids only" tradition when it comes to the gifts.  However, we only had one or two children for years, so I always bought gifts for everyone- like 20 ppl.

I bought $5 gifts:  cozy socks, Xmas ornaments, costume jewelry, books, stationary, gourmet goodies (stocking stuffer size), fancy chocolates, holiday oven mitts/mugs/ kitchen stuff....

I don't know what stores you have, but I shop at Christmas Tree Shop, TJ Maxx, and Burlington Coat Factory for these items.

This year, we will give each adult a lotto ticket and a 7-mo. portrait photo of DS in a card.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I made homemade Vanilla Extract for everyone.  Sounds kind of cheesy, but everyone uses it, it's natural and I found cute glass contaniers to make them in at Hobby Loppy for 75 cents.  I bought 25 vanilla beans from Beanilla for $25 and then bought cheap ole Vodka.  It ended up being around $3.00 a person for homemade extract, and all they have to do is add more Vodka to make more.  So it keeps on giving.  I don't know if this is an option. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    are the men drinkers? My husband loves when I go to world market and get the mix and match specialty beers for $2.00 each, fill the 6 pack (or a 4-pack in your case) and put a bow on it! or wine? 
  • Options

imagegraciaann:
    are the men drinkers? My husband loves when I go to world market and get the mix and match specialty beers for $2.00 each, fill the 6 pack (or a 4-pack in your case) and put a bow on it! or wine? 

This is a good idea!  Or maybe a bottle of some sort of liquor?

We are doing a blind exchange this year where you buy a girl gift or guy gift depending on what you are & then draw numbers or whatever to pick a gift.  I wasn't sure what to do for my husband's guy gift but I like the beer idea a lot!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"