Pregnant after a Loss
Options

I don't think pregnancy is pretty

I've been thinking about this for a while.  I really don't think pregnancy is all that "beautiful" that everyone says its cracked up to be.  I mean..I don't walk around showing people my naked belly (scary) but really..by month 9/10...your body is just enormous and awkward. I kind of view it as a temporary state...a means to an end and nothing more.  I would definitely not say I "glow" in any way or shine or anything else fluffy that really I feel isnt true. random thoughts over.

Asher Thomas 5.19.10
Miles Edmund 12.29.11
Liam Robert 1.21.14
Baby 4...ok probably another boy here haha 9.20.15

Re: I don't think pregnancy is pretty

• Options
    I disagree. I think that while you may not feel beautiful what you and your body are doing is a beautiful thing. I think others see you as beautiful. You may be uncomfortable and "huge" but it's still very beautiful.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm with you - I have yet to find anything about it beautiful and really the only good thing is its finite and its a means to and end. I know there are some women out there who love being pregnant, and yippie for them, but mostly the ones who told me how great it was I'd like to punch in the face these days. Do I think its amazing? Yup... a miracle... certainly. Do I want to stay this way any longer than absolutely necessary? Hell fvck no. I love this little man to pieces and I'll do what I need to do to get him here, but his days renting space in my body are numbered!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Haha!  I bet you look beautiful. Are you having a girl?  They say when you are pregnant with a girl, they suck the beauty out of you and you always feel gross and ugly. 

Congrats on being so close to your little one's arrival!!

** Labor buddies with E3A7AGGIE! ** Photobucket Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Even though I feel like a house here at the end I don't think I've even been so beautiful in my life. Sometimes, ok alot of the time here at the end, yes, I feel really ugly and disgusting but most of the time I look at my belly as the most beautiful thing I've ever seen b/c my little man is there. I love being pg b/c I'm making a person but I do have days that I don't love being pg with all my aches and pains. I hate saying anything bad about being pg b/c I am just so thankful that I am, that my dreams are about to come true.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

imageLoveOfMikesLife:
    I disagree. I think that while you may not feel beautiful what you and your body are doing is a beautiful thing. I think others see you as beautiful. You may be uncomfortable and "huge" but it's still very beautiful.

Self image is one thing, the actual picture is another.  I remember (long before TTC) how beautiful I thought pregnant women were.  I think they really do "glow."  Being pg, I don't think that about myself at all -- atleast not now, puking over a toilet every 2 seconds and burping constantly, lol.  But I remember when I was pregnant with Logan and my belly "popped", I thought it was the most beautiful I had ever been.  I never got to 3rd trimester, so I'll let you know when I get there this time.  Either way, I may think that I personally look like crap, but I guarantee that if I were to see or meet any one of you pg ladies, I would think you looked stunning.

• Options

I feel like I must look like crap about half the time- I don't sleep well, I can't be bothered to do my hair or put on makeup most days, my back aches, etc. But I feel like there must be some inner "glow" that shows how happy I am to be pregnant, and to be at this point where I am huge and miserable and therefore so close to meeting my LO, to the world. I've had several people tell me "you must be having a boy/girl" because of how pretty I look. 

Plus, it doesn't hurt that DH loves my pregnant belly. I was complaining to him that I feel like a cow, and he told me that to the contrary he found me to be incredibly sexy. I started to argue with him about it and insist that he was just trying to be nice, but he said, "you're carrying my child- what could be more beautiful than that?" 

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I never feel like a beautiful pregnant woman either. I dislike all things about being pregnant except the baby. Granted I tend to have severe cases of hyperemesis that include, hospital stays and picc lines. For me pregnancy is about surviving each day and getting my sweet baby here. I will say that my DH loves to see me pregnant though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageemd2887:

I feel like I must look like crap about half the time- I don't sleep well, I can't be bothered to do my hair or put on makeup most days, my back aches, etc. But I feel like there must be some inner "glow" that shows how happy I am to be pregnant, and to be at this point where I am huge and miserable and therefore so close to meeting my LO, to the world. I've had several people tell me "you must be having a boy/girl" because of how pretty I look. 

Plus, it doesn't hurt that DH loves my pregnant belly. I was complaining to him that I feel like a cow, and he told me that to the contrary he found me to be incredibly sexy. I started to argue with him about it and insist that he was just trying to be nice, but he said, "you're carrying my child- what could be more beautiful than that?" 

And now I am tearing up, so sweet!!

BFP #1 12/23/10--Natural M/C 12/31/10 @ 6w1d BFP #2 5/13/11--Natural M/C 5/26/11 @ 6w3d BFP #3 9/7/11--U/S #1 9/20 Gest. & Yolk Sac--U/S #2 9/27 A beautiful baby with it's heart fluttering away at 133BPM BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel similarly to you, but then when I had DD, I felt empty and missed my belly for a few days, it was weird. 
  • Options
    Until people think my gas,belching, extra hair, morning sickness and mood swings are beautiful...it willl be. But my baby is beautiful :)
  • Options

I don't feel like I look tremendously different than before I was pregnant.  I think I got enormously lucky - despite my greatest fears and history with weight gain, I'm 100% baby, no bloat, no weight gain in my butt, etc.  I thought I'd have a ton of skin and breakout issues due to hormones (has been an issue in the past with PMS), but my skin has never looked better.  My boobs were big to begin with, and I still can fit into my pre-pregnancy bras (they're tight, but not ridiculous at all).  Some women start growing extra hair, but mine just got thicker on my head, but I haven't had to get my eyebrows waxed in four months, which I find extremely weird.  

So I don't feel any more or less beautiful than I did before.  DH, however, now has a pregnant woman fetish - he thinks I look awesome, lol.  I honestly don't get it, but I'll take it!

• Options

imageLoveOfMikesLife:

ok this is so stinking sweet that you have changed my view a bit :)  that was a very nice post and I always love when people look at things in multiple ways because it makes me think more well rounded about the topic.  thank you!

as for the having a girl/sucking out the beauty comment, I've decided that you are right and I am having a girl.  nope, I'm not being sarcastic.  with my son, I did feel somewhat glowy.  with this pregnancy, I just feel drab.  hence...a girl!  I will have to let you know if you are right :)

Asher Thomas 5.19.10
    Miles Edmund 12.29.11
    Liam Robert 1.21.14
    Baby 4...ok probably another boy here haha 9.20.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"