Long Island Babies

Acupressure to induce labor? On LI? HELP!

Hi girls. I am 40+ weeks and at my OB appointment today, she said I am completely sealed- no dilation, no shortening, nada. They are scheduling an induction for Sunday. Obviously, I would prefer to go naturally and avoid induction/ pitocin. I have been patiently waiting and giving baby his time to grow, allowing my body to work, etc- but at this point, its looking like MEDICAL induction is my only option.

Someone recommended acupressure to me, and after researching it, its the only 'inducer' I really feel confident with, that and accupuncture or massage. I'm just not buying into the spicy foods and sex stuff. I've been TRYING to find someone local- I'm in Babylon but will go ANYWHERE in Suffolk or Nassau.

Does anyone have experience with this? If so, can you recommend your place/ therapist? Does anyone know of any place that does this? Please, I have googled and googled and STILL can't find anything. THANKS SO MUCH!

Re: Acupressure to induce labor? On LI? HELP!

• I've gone to a fantastic acupuncturist in Stony Brook (near the outlets on Main Street, not the university)

Dr Zhang at the Wholistic Health Center

https://zhangacupuncture.com/default.aspx

I've gone to him for years. He's fantastic,(used to be a professor of acupuncture, too). A few family members have used him too and like him. My mother in law sees the female acupuncturist at the same office and really likes her, but I don't have direct experience myself. The office also has a massage therapist. Good luck and have a wonderful labor and delivery!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"