New to The Bump

Hello fellow Bumpies!

I am new to The Bump and very excited to be a part of the community!

My husband and I have been married for 8 months and have decided to start trying for our bundle of joy. We actually just started this week and when I checked my ovulation for the first time, we had missed it by 3 days! If only I came to the bump sooner! 

We both come from large families and share many friends, all of whom are dying for us to have a baby. This past Thanksgiving, my grandmother even touched my belly and asked if I was pregnant! I had to brush it off as wishful thinking and not a reason to start a new diet. 

As a teenager and young adult, I helped raised my three little sisters- everything from sucking boogies out of their nose, to changing their diaper, to mixing formula. I did it all and for a while, I was so over the idea of having a baby. Now, me and my husband are so happy with our lives, we want nothing more than to share it all with our child. 

My husband and I are multicultural- I'm Puerto Rican/German and he is Chinese. I'm also looking forward to all of the cultural aspects we will encounter with our first child. His mother was a midwife in China, she says she's delivered about 100 babies. I feel so fortunate to have her close by. 

Geez, I wrote a lot. lol

Anyway, again, happy to be here and have another little support group of my own.  

Re: Hello fellow Bumpies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"