November 2011 Moms

Metal-like odor, maybe TMI.

On Thursday it will be two weeks since I delivered (11/17) and I'm still healing down in my lady area. Yesterday I noticed that there was a metal-like odor coming from down there. I'm not sure if it's coming from the blood or what? It was an odor that I have never experienced before. It was also pretty powerful, like I could smell it through my clothes.  I told DH about it when he came home and he said he didn't smell anything. But for me I could smell it in the air not just when I was in the bathroom. I changed clothes 4 times yesterday because it was so bad. I'm still using the peri bottle and cleaning down there every 2 hours. This morning I woke up and the odor is gone. So strange.

I called my OB about it today and she has not returned my call yet. Has anyone else experienced something like this? 

Re: Metal-like odor, maybe TMI.

• Are you using tucks pads or the derma spray? After a week or two, the smell of those on my skin made me sick, and was metalicy....
  • The only thing I've used is the derma spray but haven't used it for a few days. I didn't even think that might have something to do with it. Hummm... 
  • Loading the player...
  • I experienced some unfavorable odors from down there after delivery as well and it made me feel so disgusting and unclean.  I noticed it was especially bad when I used the Tucks pads (similar to the smell you are describing), but I wasn't willing to part with them because they were vital to my feeling better.  Do you use those?  The smell went away when I started to feel normal down there and discontinued the use of Tucks. 

• I noticed the same smell while using the Derma spray. Once I stopped using it the smell went away. 
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I remember a funky odor a few days into my pp bleeding, and I didn't use the sprays or pads. I remember wondering if I should call, since they said to call if I smelled strong odors. I decided to give it a day or two and then call (because to me, it wasn't crazy strong...) - but I noticed that as my bleeding decreased, the smell went away. 

I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same thing, but it sounds like it could be normal to me. I think you did the right thing by calling your doctor though, hopefully they will reassure you that it's not anything serious! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"