Blended Families
Options

First home visit with the SW last night....

Hello I had posted on here a few weeks back about my situation and how we are fighting for custody and placement of DH's son. DH and BM went through mediation and BM ended up yelling at the mediator. Then when the SW office interviews started she made up many things about DH being a drug/alcoholic, abusive to her sexually and their son physically. It was a mess and I was completely shocked that she would make up such horrible things.. Anyways drug test was done and negative....police reports that BM magically made up in her head were looked for and NOTHING! So last night we had our first home visit with the SW and she interviewed my self toured our home and met me DD. I thought it went pretty good. I did my best not to talk badly or slander BM. I simply stated my thoughts on how I feel she is telling SS horrible untruthful things about us.

Oh but to back it up a little DH called the night before to talk to DS and BM stated that he didn't want to talk to DH because of the conversation DS had with SW. So DH said ok what did you tell him? and BM snapped Nothing at all! DH said ok fine good bye. So last night when the SW was over I told her the SD isn't talking to DH right now and I feel its because BM is telling him crazy things...SW said well I received a voice mail from BM stating that DH was screaming, swearing and threantening BM during their 50 second conversation. Of course we both looked at her like WHAT, that is not at all what happened? I really hope that the SW can see through BM's craziness...I mean she does this for a living and see it everyday so I would hope so. I slept horrible last night once she left because I let myself get wokred up again. Soon DH and DS will be supervised only by SW so that SW can see that their relationship is strong and loving. I'm just praying that this all workd out in the end and that DS is able to spend time with both parents and receive love and affection from all sides of his extended family and not just BMs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First home visit with the SW last night....

• Options
    Sorry for all the spelling errors I was typing so fast!
  • Options
    I don't recall the backstory (and didn't look it up because I'm too lazy) but it sounds like it went very well.  Keep your fingers crossed but don't get your hopes up too high.  Many states are pro-mother if the child is "reasonably" taken care of and they see "no reason to make changes that will significantly alter the child's life."  Yada yada yada.  I am sure that she knows exactly what's going on at your house vs. BM's and will take everything into account - and you'll get a modification to your benefit at the very least.  Good luck.

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the luck wishes! In my state they are very pro Father or I should say pro equal if that makes since, which is good in this situation!

Wisconsin law presumes that joint legal custody is in the best interest of the child unless the court finds that awarding legal custody to a parent would be harmful to the child.

In no way is awarding joint legal custody going to be harmful to DS, so I'm hoping we have a fare chance!

• Options

Wow... that is incredible.  It's amazing how people act and react in custody situations.

I hope that the truth will come to light in your situation.  Keep doing the best that you can and know that in your heart you are doing right.

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Wow im so glad you brought it up.  She is one crazy biotch. 

Hopefully this SW knows what she is doing.  However BM seems very unstable right now so I bet that has to shine through.

Best of luck.

• Options
    Thanks again! I feel better today after I have replayed everything in my head a thousand times. I've prayed for the best and now all I can do is wait. I will let you all know the outcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"