Preemies
Options

Fenugreek

Hey ladies,

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I am wondering if any of you tried fenugreek to increase your milk supply?  DS is eating more and more and I am just barely keeping up with him!

Thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fenugreek

• Options
    I've been on it since DD was in the NICU. It definetly makes a difference. I take 3 pills 3 times a day. The LCs at our hospital said you know you have taken enough when you smell like maple syrup. Weird but true.
  • Options
    I also took milk thistle, it totally increase my supply :) Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekck329:
    I've been on it since DD was in the NICU. It definetly makes a difference. I take 3 pills 3 times a day. The LCs at our hospital said you know you have taken enough when you smell like maple syrup. Weird but true.

What milligram Fenugreek do you take? I'm trying to get the right dosing down. I have been taking 3-4 pills three times a day but I?m not smelling any maple syrup. SO, I was just wondering if I have the right milligrams or not. Thanks

• Options
    I took 3 pills 3x a day and it didn't help me at all, but I have heard other people say it helped them.
  • Options
    I took Fenugreek and Blessed thistle and it helped for a bit.  The LC told me to start with 1 of each 3x a day for 2 days.  Then go to 2 of each 3x a day for 2 days. Finally, take 3 of each 3x a day from then on.  Like I said, it worked for a little bit.  You will smell like maple syrup when you are taking the full dosage.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"