Toddlers: 24 Months+

Help- VERY green poop.

I just gave DD "privacy" to go potty. When I went back in she was looking in the toilet and in it was floating a VERY green piece of (solid) poop. Like, the color of a bright green crayon. Or green clay. I thought it was a toy at first because it just wasn't a normal looking color. 

I asked the babysitter & she didn't feed her anything particularly colorful recently (she's been known to put food dye in her food for special ocassions, like green pancakes on St. Patricks Day, but she hasn't done anything like that. When I asked the babysitter, she said it was green earlier today. 

I'm not normally a mom who is freaked out by a change in the color or consistency of DDs poop, but this is the weirdest color I've ever seen.  Does anyone have any input into this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
IMG_0173.11
Trying for #2 since July 2010
BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!

Re: Help- VERY green poop.

• Hopefully, your DD ate something on her own to explain it-maybe a crayon that's she's not owning up to?  If she feels ok and her next BM is normal I think you're in the clear. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekcarbonell:
    Hopefully, your DD ate something on her own to explain it-maybe a crayon that's she's not owning up to?  If she feels ok and her next BM is normal I think you're in the clear. 
    yeah that was definitely the first thing I thought of. She's very verb & very honest (and very filled with details), yet I couldn't get anything out of her about eating something that wasn't food. obviously she is only 2, so I'll take that with a grain of salt, but I would honestly be surprised if she ate something and didn't want to tell me a detail-filled story about it. lol.
    IMG_0173.11
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.

• Loading the player...
  • we had this and i found online it was the Trix yogurt I he ate......if they eat a few in a day they will get this crazy green poop!!!
  • Lots of grape juice/grape flavoring/purple dyes can cause bright green poop.  I had a roommate in college that found this terribly amusing and had to show me every time he created a "green monster".  It was really gross, but like you describe-abnormally bright green.  Like unhealthy green.  But indeed it was always just large amounts of grape juice.  
  • Thanks ladies. We don't do much juice & just buy regular yogurt (no fluorescent colors, lol). The babysitter said she had a cup of very dilute cranberry juice, whitch she gives her regularly, so it isn't any different than her normal. Very weird!
    IMG_0173.11

• when I eat fruit loops mine's like that.  I'm talking BRIGHT green.  TMI but you asked. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"