Trouble TTC
Options

HSG Painful?

I have been putting off doing the HSG because I heard from so many people that it is painful and well I don't do pain and my insurance wont cover it. I figured that since I was taking clomid and my numbers aren't going up then my issue isn't because of a blockage. Last night I went to see my doctor because after six rounds of clomid I think we need to try something else. He told me I have to do it so when AF comes I have to call and schedule it. I guess after two years of trying it is about time I suck it up. Anyone have any advice on it or can someone tell me it really isn't that bad Smile
TTC since October 2009 ***** June 2011- Clomid - 50 mg ******July 2011- Clomid - 50 mg ******August 2011- Clomid - 50 mg ******September - Clomid - 50 mg ******October 2011- Clomid 100 mg ******November 2011 - Clomid 100 mg ***** HSG Normal / SA Good ******December 2011- Break ******January 2012- Break Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: HSG Painful?

• Options
    It is painful, but not in the "make you cry" sort of way, more like really bad cramps (at least for me).  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • Options

Its not that bad.  Its uncomfortable, but for the few minutes of being uncomfortable, at the end you will have some answers :)

I agree about it feeling like bad cramps.  But the whole thing only lasts about 5-10 min.

Best of luck!

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies that makes me feel better =) So now I just wait for AF and get it over with so maybe we can move forward.
    TTC since October 2009 ***** June 2011- Clomid - 50 mg ******July 2011- Clomid - 50 mg ******August 2011- Clomid - 50 mg ******September - Clomid - 50 mg ******October 2011- Clomid 100 mg ******November 2011 - Clomid 100 mg ***** HSG Normal / SA Good ******December 2011- Break ******January 2012- Break Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was actually quite painless. I took 2 Aleve liquid gels before and had no pain/cramping during the HSG. Afterwards I had light cramping but I went back to work immediately after. Goodluck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For me, at 1st felt like pap smear and then actual procedure: felt mild cramps that lasted a few minutes. They gave me a pad but I didn't have much bleeding or anything like that, throughout the day had mild cramping on and off, went home and took Tylenol since I forgot to take it before, it's not that bad to make you cry or anything.
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Options
    I just had mine last week and the actual procedure was not painful. It was uncomfortable, but these delicate things always are! I had cramping afterwards which did hurt, but it did not last long. Good Luck to you!!
    TTC with help since 3/17/11
    Me:30 DH:36
    Taking Provera, Metformin and Clomid
    June Clomid 50mg cd 3-7, no O
    August Clomid 100mg cd 3-7, no O
    PCOS dx 9/23/11 & BC to reset hormones
    November Clomid 100mg cd 1-5, poss O cd41, BFN
    HSG - All Clear 11/23/11
    P/SAIF Welcome!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Like PP it really isn't that bad, uncomfortable and crampy yes.  Per my docs advice I took Advil an hour before, only cramped during the procedure, not after like some ladies.  I had a blockage in both my tubes, when the dye was pushed through it was one long bad cramp and then it was over.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"