Maryland Babies

Matching clothes for siblings--yay or nay?

I'm considering buying dresses for the girls that are almost identical (one has a pink sash, the other does not) and I'm trying to decide if this is a nay or yay.

DH thinks since they are still young we can get away with it.

Thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Matching clothes for siblings--yay or nay?

• I think its a yay!

Little girls in matching dresses???  Hello - cuteness!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think it's cute as long as it's only a few outfits and not all the time.  My older sister is 18 months older than me and my mom used to get us matching holiday dresses.  When my younger sisters were born, we would all usually have matching or complimentary holiday dresses too.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Loading the player...
  • I think matching holiday dresses is a win for girls your girls' ages.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Thanks girls!

So here are two dresses I like--what do you think? The black and white one doesn't have a sash in Ava's size, so I was thinking she could wear a pink bow in her hair or something.

https://www.carters.com/null/Sweater-Dress/702371562698,default,pd.html?cgid=oshkosh-baby-girl-dresses-and-rompers

https://www.carters.com/carters/Sateen-Dress-Set/V_121A173,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-girl-dresses

• I love the dresses and think matching (or coordinating if the sibs aren't both girls or both boys) outfits are cute for special occasions - I totally plan to do this with my pair!  I wouldn't say those two dresses are identical, though - same colors, but otherwise they have very different patterns. They'll coordinate nicely, and the pink bow for Ava sounds perfect! 
  • I'm a fan of matchy-matchy in general, so when it comes to little girls (and boys) coordination is key. When we have two or more, for the holidays, they'll likely be matching. At least at any function where cameras are around. DH is gonna hate me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageThePastor'sWife:
    I love the dresses and think matching (or coordinating if the sibs aren't both girls or both boys) outfits are cute for special occasions - I totally plan to do this with my pair!  I wouldn't say those two dresses are identical, though - same colors, but otherwise they have very different patterns. They'll coordinate nicely, and the pink bow for Ava sounds perfect! 

I am trying to decide between the two--they are both so cute.

• I like the sweater dress - the satin dress is cute, but you'll need sweaters over top too, plus tights and shoes.

The dress will get more use too - maybe not for Faith, but Ava will wear that w/ leggings all winter for a cute casual outfit.  The satin dress is once and done.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I absolutely agree with Kathryn. I don't know if I am in the matchy-matchy camp, but I do like the coordination, especially for holiday photos. I however, HATE it when families wear the SAME sweater in a holiday photo.

Edited for spelling/clarity.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'd vote for the sweater dress.  It feels more christmas-y to me.  In fact, if they had it in LO's size, I'd strongly consider it.  I'd also second what Kathryn said about future utility.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh oh oh!  Reading comprehension fail. Embarrassed  In that case, I like the sweater dress more, too!  The other one is pretty (and fancier, if that's what you're looking for) but the sweater dress strikes me as more practical and comfy for 2 little girls in winter!
  • imageMella&T:

I'm a fan of matchy-matchy in general, so when it comes to little girls (and boys) coordination is key. When we have two or more, for the holidays, they'll likely be matching. At least at any function where cameras are around. DH is gonna hate me.

This is me, exactly! :) And we might just involve the dog too. ;) Haha. DH is REALLY going to hate me.

• Yay all the way for matching siblings on occasion. I promise I don't do it a lot, but I do love dressing my girls alike now and then. The fancier the occasion, the better for matching, I say.

• I think coordinating or matching outfits for little ones is adorable!  And I don't think you can go wrong with either of those dresses.  They are so cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think at a young age it's fine, but once they get older, not so much.

• I adore both the sweater dress and the idea of matchy-matchy for little kids. Yes all the way on this one!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"