Food Allergy

Challenging Weekend

This weekend was my brother's wedding 2 states away. It was very non-traditional. There was a whole itinerary for 2.5 days, including planned meals. I called ahead to make sure the restaurants had allergen-free menus. I meant to pack extra food for just in case, but totally forgot/ran out of time.

Well, the lunches went ok, but the dinners were already planned out and the food was all on the table when we walked in! (A nursing mother of a baby- with- an- allergy's worst nightmare!!!) One was pizza and salad. I was going to just eat the salad but was starving, so I  bit the bullet and special-ordered something else. I was kind of embarassed in front of so many people, but I had to eat.

At another dinner, you had a choice of 3 diff. things. My husband was so sweet and talked to them about the allergy, and they just made mine a little different.

I'm just writing all this to say that, even though it was challenging, I totally did the eating out with food allergies thing. It was embarassing and hard at times, but in the end, worth it for my baby. Just wanted to encourage anyone who might be going through something similar.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Challenging Weekend

• Good for you!  As someone who has food allergies herself, I can tell you it does get easier.  You learn the right terms to use and what places are more accepting of it than others.  I think it's great that you're doing this for your baby :).

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"