Secondary IF
Options

Update ..

All of my blood work came back normal: cholesterol, sugar, thyroid, triglycerides, etc..

I didn't ovulate this weekend like I should have so we are starting Clomid this cycle.  Doctor said we will do it for a few months then if this doesn't work to try another medicine.. 

Any side effects or suggestions when we do clomid?

Baby #1 MC November 2007
Baby #2 MC June 2008
Baby #3 Born April 2009
Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Update ..

• Options
    I was miserable on clomid, and no CM to speak of.  I hope your experience is not like mine!  Will you be monitored?
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options

I was very irritable on Clomid, I was exhausted, and had hot flashes.  Hopefully you don't have much for side effects.

Are you going to be monitored while on Clomid?  If not, please make sure they monitor you - it is very important.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like PP's please make sure you're monitored. It works well with some people, but it can REALLY mess up others. I was MISERABLE and gained 5 lbs in a month. Finally shook it 6 months later!
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Options
    I didn't do well on clomid either.  Totally moody, and like JMay it also completely dried up my CM.  I also developed a huge ovarian cyst because I wasn't being monitored.  You should insist on monitoring.
  • Options

She said nothing about monitering but mentioned swollen ovaries and its a very slight chance.

What is she monitering?  She just told me to do my OPK twice a day when  I should be ovulating.

Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009

• Options

At a minimum you should have a CD3 ultrasound before you start the clomid to make sure there are no cysts.  Clomid feeds cysts.  It would probably also be a good idea to have another u/s around day 11 to see how your body responded to clomid.  You could also have a 7DPO progesterone drawn as a confirmation of ovulation. 

Without monitoring, there is the danger of cysts that can grow to be really big.  This negatively impacts your fertility.  There is also the chance that your ovaries can hyperstimulate and produce many follicles, increasing your risk of multiples.  This is unlikely on just clomid but it's a possibility. Plus, if you are going to subject yourself to the awful side-effects, don't you want to know if it's working? 

I always scoffed at the idea of clomid monitoring, thinking it wasn't necessary for me, until I was on it unmonitored and got the huge cyst.  It really is important to be monitored.  If your OB refuses, you should go to an RE instead.  You will get better treatment from an RE anyway.

• Options
    imageTwizzle:

At a minimum you should have a CD3 ultrasound before you start the clomid to make sure there are no cysts.  Clomid feeds cysts.  It would probably also be a good idea to have another u/s around day 11 to see how your body responded to clomid.  You could also have a 7DPO progesterone drawn as a confirmation of ovulation. 

Without monitoring, there is the danger of cysts that can grow to be really big.  This negatively impacts your fertility.  There is also the chance that your ovaries can hyperstimulate and produce many follicles, increasing your risk of multiples.  This is unlikely on just clomid but it's a possibility. Plus, if you are going to subject yourself to the awful side-effects, don't you want to know if it's working? 

I always scoffed at the idea of clomid monitoring, thinking it wasn't necessary for me, until I was on it unmonitored and got the huge cyst.  It really is important to be monitored.  If your OB refuses, you should go to an RE instead.  You will get better treatment from an RE anyway.

This exactly.

• Options

Thanks for the information. 

She just mentioned that I start on day three of my cycle and take it for five days...She mentioned about the cysts but never said about u/s so I will ask once I call in for my meds.

Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"