Orange County Babies

talking about in laws....

Is anyone here not in touch with their in laws at all?  Our relationship started out pretty bad because they just don't like me for whatever reason.  Eventually it led to them always trying to tell DH that I'm not respectful what not.  And then they did something really bad to me after I had DS.  I gave up trying after that and looks like they stopped trying too.  Last they have seen DS was 1 yr ago at his bday.  We offered to fly them in town since it's much easier than us flying with a kid, but they'll rather see their daughter (who was the first to stop talking to us.  As in when she saw us and DS at a wedding, she flat out ignored us and pretended that we don't exist).  Oh she was actually living in LA until a few months ago.  So they would visit but won't see us. 

So it's at this point DH is talking to them less and less.  At this rate, we'll probably never see them again.  I mean I don't really care for myself since they have been horrible to me, but I feel bad for DH and DS. 

Anyone has had similar issues or friends who did?  

Re: talking about in laws....

• No but, it sounds like you guys have some serious reconciling to do.

Do they live out of state? Maybe they feel left out?

Either way they should not treat you that way but, you should say something to them. You can't jsut write them off without *trying* to reconcile. JMO... good luck!

• That really sucks.
    We have issues with my in-laws, but my DH knows what the issues are and feels the same way I do about it. I leave it up to him to contact them and make the effort for his own sake. Once in a while I'll call his mom to chat, but half the time it's me asking questions and it's like pulling teeth to get an answer...so I don't play that game too often.

I think you should make an effort to call them and just talk to them about the whole situation and how it makes you feel. Maybe if you explain that you would like them to be a part of your son's life, they will straighten out a little bit. The grandchild card is always a good one to pull... And if it doesn't work, then at least you gave it a fair shot. It's their choice not to be involved.
  • Loading the player...
  • ya I guess I can make a few calls to ease the tension up a little.  It's a bit hard for me to do when they didn't want DH to marry me to start with though.  I still  kinda hold a grudge against them.  :p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"