Natural Birth

oral vitamin K

I posted a while before about typical newborn procedures and heard about the oral dose of vit K instead of the shot. My birth center doesn't offer the oral dose (and they don't give it unless the baby comes out with a lot of bruising or had a hard labor) but they are completely okay with us bringing it in and using the oral instead.

SO, my question, where can I get it?? If you've bought it before, what brand did you get? I want to make sure I'm not getting something else full of chemicals when the whole reason I'm avoiding the shot is the chemicals in IT.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: oral vitamin K

• My midwife provides the oil for the oral dose (she doesn't do the shot unless you request it.) I can ask her what brand she uses at my appointment this Friday if you'd like.
  • I'd love that if you can remember =)

I found one place online to buy it, but I'm sure my search would go better if I knew a specific brand. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got mine last time and this time from birthwithlove.com. Great customer service and fast shipping. I just got the small bottle, and it was more than enough. I took it myself starting at 35ish weeks, then gave it to my son at 1 day, 1 week, and 3 weeks (I believe), plus kept taking it myself for about 12 weeks.

Oh, and it's a natural, plant based type. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"