Success after IF

Pregnant naturally after infertility???

Anyone on here get pregnant naturally after a successful IVF or IUI pregnancy?  I am now pregnant with twins after doing IVF in May our only infertility issue was that my FSH was a little elevated. Has anyone on here gotten pregnant w/out any fertility treatments and what was your Infertility story??

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant naturally after infertility???

• Around these parts we prefer the term "unmedicated" to "natural".

I've had 3 unmedicated pregnancies after my high FSH/DOR IVF baby.

Only 1 of them yielded a child.

We were lucky and hit the first ovulation post weaning.

As you'll see from the responses you get there are some staggering staggering stories on here from people who were told they had an insanely low chance of ever conceiving without help (no tubes, no sperm, you name it).

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Congrats on your twins! 

I had a surprise, unmedicated BFP last year when I was weaning my daughter at her first birthday.

Our diagnosis - severe male factor infertility, history of uterine polyps, hormone imbalances & a damaged tube. We were given a less than 2% chance of spontaneous pregnancy. My husband did have a varicocele repair & that was supposed to help his count slightly, but not enough to get us out of needing ivf. 

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I got pg twice on my own following a successful IVF followed by 4 failed IVF's following that.  Docs told me donor was my only option.  We determined that was not an option and resolved ourself to what our life was.  Got pg once ending in mc.  Got pg again on own ending in our last LO who is now 6 months old.  Docs said they could never explain how it happened on its own...it just did.

I am AMA and have endo.   

• 2 blocked tubes & shitty_sperm = 4 IVF's & 1 ectopic to get our first.

1 roll in the hay my 1st cycle post weaning = our second.

but now my body hates me again- we've been trying since April with 1 failed FET in Sep. so yeah. weird.

• Yep, I have a blocked tube. I was told that most likely I got my unmedicated BFP because my tube was still dialated from pregnancy.

Good luck, can't believe you're already thinking about your next BFP with twins on the way, ha ha!

• I have PCOS and our first daughter was the result of IUI with Femara. Almost exactly three years after that IUI we had a HUGE surprise unmedicated pregnancy. My cycles are super long and I was at least 70 days into a cycle when I ovulated (didn't know it) and we dtd unprotected. That little girl is now a happy 14-month old!
  • 12 failed medicated iui's (3rd one was an ectopic so it did "work" but not really) and 1 ivf to have ds.

Yeah, I ended up getting pg this June. Never in my wildest dream did I think it would actually happen.

I don't O on my own and it's a 50/50 chance that I will even w/ the meds. I also have 1 blocked tube from the ectopic pg.

• Me... We did 3 IUIs and on my 3rd IVF we concieved my son. I've got one tube, crappy eggs, slightly elevated FSH and my DH's sperm is a little defunct in the motility area. In April of this year we did another IVF to try for #2. I got a BFP, but it ended in an early m/c. We concieved on our own the second cycle after my D&C. I've heard that you are more fertile after a m/c, so that could have contributed, but I also think the D&C kinda cleaned my slate. Either way, I could not have been more surprised.
    Henry and Papa at the farm
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our issues are 0% morph for my husband and I am of advanced maternal age with diminished ovarian reserve and I'm a poor responder to meds.  My pregnancies are as follows:

First - no medical interventions at all

Second - IVF

Third - no medical inverventions but ended in a miscarriage

Fourth - clomid but ended in a miscarriage

Fifth - IUI with Femara and Follistim

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• After being diagnosed with elevated FSH and endo, we tried clomid, injectibles and IUI, we finally got pregnant with our 1st child via IVF, after trying for two years.  

After trying on our own after DS' birth we went back to the RE two years later to try for #2, with IVF we got pregnant with twins, but lost them both by 9 weeks.  

We had a fridge full of IVF meds, and were waiting for AF to start IVF #3, when I found out I was somehow pregnant.  24 weeks later we are still stunned.   

• #1 was the result of IUI #5.   Borderline MFI + endo

#2 was a surprise the month before returning to IUI treatments.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Yes, me. I was also high FSH/DOR, and I got pregnant with my second son without treatment. We actually conceived him on our first cycle trying when my first son was 9 months old. (I still cringe when I say that, because it used to irk me so much to hear stories of people conceiving on their first attempt!).

My FSH was around 13 when I got pg with DS#1 through IUI (it was our third IUI with injectables). 

Good luck with your twins and hopefully with more babies in the future!

• Yes.  After five IUIs and four IVFs with my eggs, we finally conceived with donor eggs.  And when our son was 1 year old, we got pregnant on our own. Unfortunately we lost the pregnancy but the peri insisted it was just random chance.  If it happened for me, it can happen for almost anyone.  If you have eggs, sperm, tubes and a uterus, anything is possible.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I have PCOS, figured the last time I actually ovulated on my own without meds was back in 2000.  DS was conceived with met/clomid.  I am currently pregnant with a surprise, forgot birth control one month, DTD only one day that month and there you have it.  Even before we DTD, DH asked if I took my monthly birth control and I said no I completely forgot, we both were like what are the odds...as the MFM said obviously for us 100%.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • imagenicolita14w:

Yes, me. I was also high FSH/DOR, and I got pregnant with my second son without treatment. We actually conceived him on our first cycle trying when my first son was 9 months old. (I still cringe when I say that, because it used to irk me so much to hear stories of people conceiving on their first attempt!).

My FSH was around 13 when I got pg with DS#1 through IUI (it was our third IUI with injectables). 

Good luck with your twins and hopefully with more babies in the future!

This definitely gives me hope. My FSH was only around 11, but still had 2 years of trying w/out getting pregnant before we finally did w/ IVF. We're having two girls so I know that one day I may want to try for a boy, but the thought of going through fertility treatments again is too much to even think about.

I appreciate everyone's responses and it definitely gives me hope! I guess I still have plenty of time to worry about it and i'm just so greatful God blessed me w/ these 2 little munchkins on the way! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"