D.C. Area Babies

I am sure this is a FAQ - Car seat placement with 2 DCs!

I have a chevy tahoe.  Currently DS is sitting in the middle, forward facing.  Where should I put DS2?  

Is there a magical website that has the answers??

Thanks ladies!

fjc 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am sure this is a FAQ - Car seat placement with 2 DCs!

• we moved DD's carseat behind the passenger side and put DS' behind the driver's; I did not want them w/n touching distance of e.o.; now they can touch but she wasn't even 20mo old when he was born and liked to point and touch, "eyes, nose, mouth" and I didn't want her poking DS.

• We haven't gotten there quite yet, but are planning on having the forward-facing carseat behind the driver and the rear-facing one behind the passenger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDCtoLowcountry:
    We haven't gotten there quite yet, but are planning on having the forward-facing carseat behind the driver and the rear-facing one behind the passenger.

we did the opposite b/c I am short and the RF sticks out more

• I never thought of the touching issue...hmmm.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had a Honda Pilot when DS was born.  He was rear-facing (obviously) in the middle, and DD was rear-facing (2 years 3 months) behind the passenger.  I didn't want anyone behind the driver because (1) it meant my seat had to be moved up more than DH liked, and (2) I liked being able to (somewhat) see and reach both of them if needed.  Once we switched DD to forward-facing, she went into the middle and DS swiched to the passenger side.  All the car seat techs told us that the rear-facing child, no matter the age or size, was better protected than any child forward-facing, and the forward-facing one should always therefore go in the middle.  Hope that helps!

ETA: We never had an issue with DD touching, poking, or bothering DS.  She liked to hold his hand, though  :)  And when he was a few months old, it was helpful for me to hand her toys and she'd give them to him - and sometimes they'd share snack cups of puffs.  Plus she could report to me whether he was falling asleep so I knew to try to keep him awake until we got home.  So it worked out well for us to always have them next to each other.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is behind the driver and DD is behind the passenger.
  • We're obviously not there yet, but when we did our car seat checks with DS we had to put him somewhere other than the middle and the seat checker said behind the driver is usually a safer side than behind the passenger.  She said it's because when kids are behind the passenger the driver will often try to turn around to give them things or look at them (distracted driving), which they don't usually do if the kid was directly behind them.   Just something to think about!  We had to put him behind the passenger in my car because it's small, but knowing this made me be more conscious of not turning around or trying to give DS anything while driving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"