North Carolina Babies

NBR - Need help with Angel Tree gift (for a mother)

I grabbed a tag off my company's Angel Tree for a 43 yo mother of 4 who is unemployed and handicapped. She did not ask for anything specific and I don't have sizes. I have a couple of things in mind, but don't want to stifle any creativity out there by mentioning them! Please give me any suggestions you have in any (reasonable) price range. I would love all the help I can get. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR - Need help with Angel Tree gift (for a mother)

• Gift card to Walmart or a grocery store?? That's my first thought...I know it's not really a "fun" gift, but that's what i'd want in her situation...
  • imagetracelini:
    Gift card to Walmart or a grocery store?? That's my first thought...I know it's not really a "fun" gift, but that's what i'd want in her situation...

Good point. I should have mentioned that my company will do grocery gift cards, so I would like to do something specifically for her. I can imagine that she doesn't spend much money on herself.

• Loading the player...
  • I would think that given her situation she would probably a gift card to the movie - with 3 kids in my family growing up, the movies were a rare treat - I can imagine with 4 and unemployment issues it's probably even more so.

Don't know what part of NC you are in but tickets to other family outing locations, a children's museum, ice cream shop, etc. might also be fun.

Also, what about a gift certificate to a family portrait studio - that might be a gift she would treasure for a long time.

I know that you are looking for "mom gifts" but creating some special memories with her children would probably be very valuable to her.

• If you want specifically for her, I would think a nice warm sweater, a fun scarf, hat and mittens. What about a nice handbag, nothing fancy, but something practical yet roomy for a mom of 4. I also love receiving pajamas and robe and those thick fleecy type socks in the winter time. If someone were to buy things specifically for me, that would be what I would want.You can also never go wrong with a very nice thick hand cream, lip gloss, a nice set of hair or makeup brushes.

As for the PP mentioning gift cards to the movies or a family type place the only problem with that is it never is as cheap as you think, you give the gift card but then there are always little extras and taking kids to the movies and not having them ask for popcorn, candy, etc may be hard. It is a good idea, but it may not be practical for their specific situation.

• Thanks for the suggestions. Dbert, I really like your purse suggestion. I'm leaning toward that right now. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"