Military Families
Options

Anyone w/PTSD experience?

I saw another post about this but it was from the beginning of November. I'm just curious if anyone here has experience with PTSD. My SO was in the army but got out a few years ago. He has PTSD and a TBI. Obviously we have our hands full at home. I guess I'm just looking for someone who can relate. I'm not really in military life now but it's still extremely relevant to my daily life.

Re: Anyone w/PTSD experience?

• Options

MH had issues when he first got home. Nothing major, just like jumping when he heard a loud noise, didn't like being in big crowds, etc. It went away a couple months after he got home. That was a little over a year ago. My BIL got home from Afghan. a few months before my husband last year, but he was hit by an IED and then shot, so he has it. He can't be in a crowded room without having anxiety problems, can't have his back to people he doesn't know, and there are a few other things that cause him anxiety, but he has never gotten violent or anything like that because of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

One of my good friends' husband suffered a TBI while in Iraq about 7 years ago.  His led to a lot of complications and he only recently overcame many of the problems that his TBI caused.  I know she would be more than happy to talk to you if you want to talk to someone who has been there. She has a blog where she used to blog about the depth of the challenges they faced due to his TBI.  I'll ask her for the link if you want it.

If you want to talk to her, PM me your e-mail and I'll pass it on to her.  She really feels like talking wives of husbands with TBI/PTSD is part of her responsibility as a spouse who has dealt with this.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Luckily, my H is ok but I just want to make sure you guys are set up at the VA and he (and you) use those benefits.

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Im here if you ever need to talk. My boyfriend is a medically retired Marine and was diagnosed with severe PTSD and TBI. My email is cara dot dash at siemens dot com.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Formerly Dashskidaddle
  • Options

imageUSMCPurpleHeart:
    Im here if you ever need to talk. My boyfriend is a medically retired Marine and was diagnosed with severe PTSD and TBI. My email is cara dot dash at siemens dot com.

dash is my last name not the symbol! It happens all the time lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Formerly Dashskidaddle
  • Options
    My DH has been diagnosed with PTSD and mild TBI.  I also wrote my thesis for my master's on PTSD.  I would highly suggest he get treatment from the VA.  Was he diagnosed while in the Army?  IF he was, is he getting any disability?  My DH had significant success with EMDR treatments for his PTSD.  I would watch it closely, sometimes symptoms can show up years later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"