C-sections

If you are 6+ months pp...

How do you feel? Totally back to normal? Do you have any tenderness or soreness around the incision or in your lower abs? Is the numbness gone? How does your scar look?

I'm feeling good overall, but surprisingly not back to normal. I am still sore to the touch in certain spots above my incision and slightly tender in my lower abs and on the incision itself. My scar is still dark pink, although it's slightly faded at the edges. I'm very fair, though, and had glue with steri-strips; not sure if either of those things are contributing to the fact that the scar isn't fading at all. My numbness is gone but still feels slightly tingly in certain spots.

Just curious as to how my recovery stacks up!

ETA: I labored for 23 hours, dilated fully, and pushed for 3.5 hours before my c/s. I wonder if this may have something to do with my slow return to normalcy.

imagePregnancy Ticker

Re: If you are 6+ months pp...

• I feel great but don't always feel totally back to normal.  My incision is a light pink and some areas are numb when I touch it.  I'm finding that the incision hurts if I lay flat on my stomach for to long. 

FYI: I also had the glue but did not labor at all, I had an emergency C.

• I feel mostly back to normal but for the past few weeks have felt a bit of a pulled muscle type of sensation on one side. More inside than on the incision site... maybe things are still healing inside or I pulled something? The numbness is gone and scar still looks pretty wicked although a 1-2" area in the middle looks like it's fading a bit.

I had staples and strips and labored for 15+ hours, dilated fully, pushed for a couple hours before my emerg c/s.

Scares me a bit for baby #2 eventually... would the healing be easier and more difficult the 2nd time around?! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess I'm not really 6+ months - but I'm close to 6 months PP.  I still feel similar to what you are describing.  I had a planned c/s for breech presentation, but did go into labor beforehand (only labored for 3 hours and was actually dilated fully before my c/s).  I had staples.

I feel pretty good most of the time but I am still aware of my incision site and it does bother me if I do a lot of lifting or exercise.  My incision is light pink, but darker in areas.  I still have tenderness and numbness above the site.  I even feel sometimes a little lumpy inside under the incision site, if that makes sense.

Hopefully time will make it better!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm definitely 100% at this point. My scar is still dark, but not at all tender. I don't even have any numbness anymore.  I really think exercise has helped a lot with the pain. Getting those muscles strong again is important for healing.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I normally feel fine. There are sometimes that my lower stomach is tender. Or when Lucas is throwing a fit and kicks my stomach it can hurt a lot.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I am 12 months pp and my scar is still pinkish but no tenderness whatsoever. My scar still gets very itchy though.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My scar is almost nonexistant (I had dermabond), I only have discomfort when one of the kids jumps on my stomach where my incision is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm really pale, too, and my scar only really started fading in the past 6-12 months. My son will be four in February.

I think my incision was tender for a long time...if you're worried, it might be worth a visit to your Dr.

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• My c/s was 3 years ago.  I don't really notice my scar much anymore.  It is still a little numb and every now and then it feels a little itchy or prickly.  But it doesn't bother me if one of my kids kicks my belly or anything.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My pain was long gone by 6 mos PP. My scar is still pink but fading every day. That can take quite some time, though. It's totally normal. I'm still numb in one spot. It never goes away for some people. Again, totally normal.
  • My scar has fadded a lot recently. It is practically white now. I had dissolvable stitches. Sometimes the skin above my incision feels a little weird when I touch it. I wouldn't call it numb, but maybe a bit of loss of sensation. I don't have any tender spots, but I recently returned to working out fairly intensely and sometimes I feel strain in my lower abs (like, really low - between the scar and my hips) (like I'm going to tear something if I don't back off). And other than over all weak muscles that lead to a sore back, and flabby skin, I feel pretty normal.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• I feel totally back to normal most the time. I had a strange occurrence the other day when DD accidentally poked me in my scar and it felt like it was on fire. That's the only problem I've had in months.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • I feel completely normal at almost a year.  There is obviously a scar there, but I'm about the whitest person on the planet and tend to scar.  I still have a flabby belly that hangs over my scar, but that is a lack of exercise issue. :)  Other than that, I forget I had a csection sometimes; life is back to normal.  I haven't had a period yet though (breastfeeding) and I've heard people say that their incision site sometimes hurts with cramps/etc.  I guess I'll experience that eventually.  If your cycle is back, maybe it's hormone related tenderness.  I can't imagine pushing before csection would cause anything to be different - I had 26 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing too and have healed up well.  If you are worried about it though, I would bring it up to your OB/GYNO.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am still a little sore.  I have a lot of numbness, and misplaced sensation (touch one spot, hurts several inches away)  My back still hurts from my spinal.  My scar doesn't look awful. 
  • Numbness is still there (between my belly button and incision) I don't think it'll ever come back.

They never really cut any muscles or anything on me so it was back to 'normal' in a month... 

imageimage

Our baby site: Baby Cragg

• At almost 10 mos, my numbness is gone but the area around the incision scar itches sometimes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • im 8.5 months pp and i still have some numbness, tugging, and strange feeling around my incision.  no pain per se, except when im ovulating or getting my period, but i definitely dont feel NORMAL.
  • Almost 10 months here.

I woke up the last week sometimes with what felt like my incision hurting. Weirdest thing ever. Besides that I have some numbness but not a lot, nothing that bothers me. I have fair skin and my scar is very very light pink, faded in some spots. I had internal stitches and steri strip.

If DS kicks it then it does hurt though.

I also had a long delivery, 30 hours labor 3 hours pushing resulting in a GA c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"