Northern California Babies
Options

Feeling lonely, is that normal?

Ive found more and more that even my closest friends AND family have no patience or sympathy towards my raging hormones or getting tired easily... Ive been told to stop playing the victim and that I cant use being pregnant as an excuse for everything. This is my first pregnancy, and really all I need is support and understanding. Im feeling extremely lost and lonely and all I wanna do is enjoy being pregnant.

Is this normal???

Re: Feeling lonely, is that normal?

• Options

It's definitely normal, as is the lack of understanding from others.  I suggest you find a pregnancy support network in your area.  

This site is a great resource, particularly for the South Bay:  https://www.bayareabirthinfo.org/

Many of the area hospitals and birthing centers have pregnancy circles or support groups that could be a great source of support and understanding for you.  I know of a bunch in the South Bay that I could share with you, but I don't know where you're located.  Feel free to send me a private message if you want more info.

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

it's totally normal. My MIL actually told me, as I was on my way to bathroom to barf to "stop throwing up! It's bad for the baby!" 

where are you located? I second the idea of a mommy group.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When I was in the first trimester, I threw up all the time. 3 times a day for 12 weeks. My sister in law told me one day "enough with the throw up talk!" I talked about it because it was, quite honestly, the only thing I could think about!

A few weeks later, we were getting ready for sister-in-law's wedding (just running some errands) and my aunt called me asking about room colors. I mentioned this to my mother in law, and she said "I can't even think about it. One life changing event at a time!"

After that, I tried to stop talking about the baby. At least until after my sister-in-law's wedding. In my head, it felt like everyone else thought that I was trying to get tons of attention. I cried a lot. I talked to my other sister-in-law about it, asking if I was annoying everyone. She said no, but then went on to say that she was kind of hurt the way we announced it (after DH's grandfather's funeral. The time and situation we were in seemed right). 

A lot of what you are feeling are hormones. In your head, everyone may sound like they do not support you. This is probably *hopefully* not the case. I am in my 3rd trimester now and feeling very supported by an enthusiastic family--especially my mother-in-law and sister-in-law! Try not to let it get to you, and try to find a group (or just post on the Bump!) That is what helped me the most!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic My Boys! BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"