November 2011 Moms

Baby Wearing

I am trying so hard to get my baby girl to like baby wearing. I have a Moby, and have done the "hug hold" and she screams and screams... and I bought the Ergo thinking it would be better and it's the same story.

Does anyone else have an infant that doesn't like carriers? Or any tips on how to get her to like the carrier?

She is awake most of the day and very alert, and wants to be held. I love to hold her, and would gladly spend my day that way, but I also need to do things like eat and laundry.

Any advice? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Wearing

• imageMrsCaddyshack:

I am trying so hard to get my baby girl to like baby wearing. I have a Moby, and have done the "hug hold" and she screams and screams... and I bought the Ergo thinking it would be better and it's the same story.

Does anyone else have an infant that doesn't like carriers? Or any tips on how to get her to like the carrier?

She is awake most of the day and very alert, and wants to be held. I love to hold her, and would gladly spend my day that way, but I also need to do things like eat and laundry.

Any advice? 

Yes. I'm thinking he'll like it as he can look around more, because he hates not being able to see things (he prefers to be held back to me when I'm walking around). I might try a sling - I have one around here somewhere, just have to find it.

But it sucks - I would like to do other things though I would gladly spend the day holding him. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a babyhawk mei tai and DS seems to enjoy it...sleeping or awake.  He's able to look around a bit while he's awake and seems to enjoy that. 

Maybe you could check and see if there is a babywearing group in your area and try a few carriers to see if there are any your dd likes.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickera>
  • Loading the player...
  • DS never liked it. He would scream the whole time I strap him on. DD didn't seem to mind it. I only used it once with her. I plan on using it this weekend.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • Are you doing the newborn hug hold or the regular hug hold? My LO loves the Moby, but he's always sleeping when I first put him in it; I'm not sure what he would think if I put him in there awake. I know they also say that if you are nervous or unsure of yourself, the baby will know and get upset. Do you think that could be it?

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • I would recommend a different position in the Moby. Check out U Tube to see how to get them right. I had a hard time figuring them all out. Give your baby a few minutes of crying before you give up on it. It may take some time for them to settle down. 
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DE hates it unless I'm walking/bouncing and patting her on the back. After doing that for a while, she will fall asleep until I stop moving.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"