Breaking The News... — The Bump
Oregon Babies

Breaking The News...

We are wanting to break the news to family and friends on Christmas that we are pregnant. How would you recommend it? We have thought of a few ideas...

-Give each family member a onsie that says 'I love my [nana, papa, aunt, uncle, etc.]

-Have our oldest daughter wear a shirt that says 'I'm a Big Sister'

-I found a this cute maternity shirt that I could wear.[https://www.etsy.com/listing/64291988/christmas-maternity-tops-shirts-perfect?ga_search_query=christmas%2Bmaternity&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_5379930]

What ways have you seen that you think would be a cute idea? 

Anniversary

Re: Breaking The News...

• All 3 ideas are great. You could also send Christmas cards ahead of time with a cute photo. I love the one that has the sibling holding a sign that says, "I'm going to be a big sister (etc)!"
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just announced on Thanksgiving, having DD wearing her "Big sister" shirt.. It worked and everyone was ecstatic :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We had the Grandparents open a framed picture (one of those "babies first year" frames) with a photo of the sonogram. It was really exciting once they figured it out.
  • We gave my parents a gift with a newborn boy outfit and a newborn girl outfit in it.  There was also a card that read, "Merry Christmas!  Are you ready to be a grandma and grandpa?".  Totally got the reaction we wanted.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sorry, we did one of each outfits just cause we didn't know the sex of course, not because we were having twins. lol
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks everybody for the help! :) I think I have some ideas. :) I will be sure to share what we ended up using and the reaction. :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards