Nurseries and Baby Gear

city select models

I saw a 2010 model and the 2011 model so I'm just curious if baby jogger updates these yearly and if so, when would a 2012 model come out?  ie, are they released at the beginning of the year, midyear, fall?  Figure that if the 2012 comes out but is no different than the 2011 other than color options, then maybe I could save a few $$ on the older model.  And so then would a 2010 extra seat fit the 2011 stroller?  I discovered that this might just be the stroller that can actually fit in my pathetically small trunk (10 cu ft thanks to the large hybrid battery taking up part of the trunk).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: city select models

• imagecaralck:
    I saw a 2010 model and the 2011 model so I'm just curious if baby jogger updates these yearly and if so, when would a 2012 model come out?  ie, are they released at the beginning of the year, midyear, fall?  Figure that if the 2012 comes out but is no different than the 2011 other than color options, then maybe I could save a few $$ on the older model.  And so then would a 2010 extra seat fit the 2011 stroller?  I discovered that this might just be the stroller that can actually fit in my pathetically small trunk (10 cu ft thanks to the large hybrid battery taking up part of the trunk).

There are no differences between the 2011 and 2012, except the addition of a color (Quartz) and the discontinutation of another (Diamond). The 2012s will be released around February. The 2010s are different. The main thing being that the seats are not as deep. The seats are all interchangeable between the years.

• Go with a 2011. I have a 2010 and the seats are floppy and not as supportive as the 2011. No point in spending the extra $$ on a 2012 unless you really want the new purple color.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to know about the seats on the 2010.  Also happy to hear that maybe, just maybe, the 2011 might drop in price before I need to buy the stroller.  Took a quick look at the uppababy vista but can't tell if that one converts to a double but the price is way higher than the city select.  Also looked at the Britax b-ready.  Anyone know how that compares to the city select?  A couple amazon reviews compare the 2.  Seems like the Britax b-ready is a pain in the arse to close and open and has a weight limit on the 2nd seat.  We're hoping to have the next kid close in age to #1, provided we get lucky with ivf early on when we make #2, so like the idea that the single can convert to a double.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecaralck:
    Good to know about the seats on the 2010.  Also happy to hear that maybe, just maybe, the 2011 might drop in price before I need to buy the stroller.  Took a quick look at the uppababy vista but can't tell if that one converts to a double but the price is way higher than the city select.  Also looked at the Britax b-ready.  Anyone know how that compares to the city select?  A couple amazon reviews compare the 2.  Seems like the Britax b-ready is a pain in the arse to close and open and has a weight limit on the 2nd seat.  We're hoping to have the next kid close in age to #1, provided we get lucky with ivf early on when we make #2, so like the idea that the single can convert to a double.

The 2011s will not go on sale. They are identical to the 2012s, except the white color which is already on sale everywhere. The new color is called Quartz, it's like a grayish / tan. The Vista converts into what I call an emergency double. It's a super small seat with no features, but good if you have a child on the verge of not being a stroller very soon. I personally despise the B-Ready, but it's such a personal choice. You need to push all 3 on your own and decide in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"