September 2011 Moms
Options

Removed by security

We were going to my younger sisters regional cheer competition when we stopped at McDonalds just to get a little something to hold us over until dinner. When we got to the arena we had to pay $5 parking on top of $16 a person to get in (no age limits.) But anyway, the competition wasn't supposed to start until 3, well we got a call saying they we starting at 2. So, we wouldn't have time to finish our McD so we  put it in my diaper bag. However, at the door they went through everything and took our food from us and threw it away (four burgers and three fries) On the inside, they were selling burgers and fries for $8 and a bottle of water for $3. TOTAL CRAP! My mom and I sat in seats in the way back so that I could BF DD without anyone seeing. After the show started it got extremely loud. People were screaming and the announcer was talking over them, it was just horrific and this only added to my frustration of things.

(let me add that I cover up DD so that OTHER ppl don't get uncomfortable, I personally couldn't care less if someone saw me BF and it angers me that I have to cover up because she gets hot under there)

Anyway, next to me was a seat that nobody was sitting in for hours (we were there all day) it was closer to the wall and therefore I would only have ppl on one side of me, but it had a paper taped to it that said reserved. I'm thinking "okay, we are at a cheer competition for children like 15 and under. It is not that serious of a competition, although we had to pay $100 to stay in a hotel, $16 a person to get in $5 parking $35 in gas to get there, we live an hour and a half away etc. I don't think anyone is going to actually make me move. " So I sat there and started to BF DD. About fifteen minutes later a man wearing a stupid, ugly t-shirt that said security on the back walked up and said "you can't sit there" My mom told him I was only sitting there to feed LO and that I was going to move when she was done. He then said "Yeah, I'm gonna need you to move to a private room to do that" My jaw hit the floor. And I'm telling you in took only seconds for me to be thoroughly pissed. So, I had to stop LO from eating, who then begins to cry, then we follow this a$$hole to a room where I had to sit (not being able to watch the competition) Then as if this wasn't enough, after being in the room for about a whole five minutes, he opens the door and sees me and says, "Oh, you're still in here"

Needless to say I am writing a nasty letter to the head a$$holes at that arena!

And people wonder why moms are leaning more and more to formula instead of BF (no offense to FF babies and parents)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Removed by security

• Options

That's awful and rude! Ugh!

I would have told him to go you know where and that I'd sit where I liked and if he had a problem he knew where to take it. Lol.

But I'm not so nice, when it comes to that kind of thing. Sorry buddy but I will feed my baby whenever and wherever she gets hungry. 

You probably know your state law, but none the less:

https://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14389

You can use it in your letter.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

imageEmpireMomof3:
    Absolutely write a very stern letter. Heck I'd make such a big stink that the news got involved. You have every right to feel angry he made you go to another room. 

I totally agree. That is such BS! I'm so mad right now!

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageEmpireMomof3:
    Absolutely write a very stern letter. Heck I'd make such a big stink that the news got involved. You have every right to feel angry he made you go to another room. 
    This exactly. I would not have even gotten up to go to a "private room." You have every right to be pissed.
  • Options
    Oh that would have just pissed me off!  I would have moved from the seat, but only to my own seat where I would have continued to feed my baby.  I would have refused to leave.  It's your legal right to breastfeed your child in public.  I'd be raising all kinds of hell.  He was just a stupid idiot that didn't know any better.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is complete BS! What are the breastfeeding laws in your state? Here is a good summary. I live in MN and it is not indecent exposure to nurse in public, so I would have refused to move. Know your rights and don't let people push you around.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I would have been pissed.  I too would have just moved back to my own seat and continued to nurse.  I live in CT and you are allowed to nurse whereever you want, and you don't need to use a cover either.  There was actually a nurse-in at a local mall because a security guard told a woman she couldn't nurse in the food court. 

I'm not sure what the laws are in your state.  But I'm guessing that the "security guard" was just misinformed.  I would definitely write a letter. 

• Options
    wtf.. you should not have moved to a private room!
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

are you in fl?

Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:
    Section 1. The breastfeeding of a baby is an important
    and basic act of nurture which must be encouraged in
    the interests of maternal and child health and family values.
    A mother may breastfeed her baby in any location, public
    or private, where the mother is otherwise authorized to be,
    irrespective of whether or not the nipple of the mother?s
    breast is covered during or incidental to the breastfeeding.
    House bill no. HB 231 Fl. ALS 4; 1993 Fla. Laws ch. 4; 1993 Fla. HB 231
    Fla. Stat. ? 383.015, ? 800.02 - 800.04, ? 847.001 (later: ? 827.071)

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Options
    Wow, I'm thoroughly pissed off. Isn't that illegal?? You have every right to NiP. I wouldn't have moved to a private room, and stated that its perfectly legal to NIP. They obviously aren't aware of your Breastfeeding Rights. I would definitely write a letter expressing your concerns. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
  • Options
    Oh yea, I would have also said that if you really want me to move to a private room, you'll be hearing from my attorney. He seems like an uneducated @sshole who doesn't know its legal to NIP. I can't wait for the day that someone tells me I can't NIP. They'll wish they didn't open their mouth. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"