August 2011 Moms

Missed my baby's first milestone

I've been putting DS on his tummy a lot when I'm home because he's been *so* close to rolling over.  I wanted to be able to see it before my MIL inevitably tells me he did it for her.  So I put him down on his tummy in the living room and went to go get my coffee from the kitchen and in the thirty seconds I wasn't watching him he flipped over onto his back. 

Little stinker!!  Hopefully I'll catch him doing it soon. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Missed my baby's first milestone

• Well at least you know he did it with you and not you MILWink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol i told my daycare provider not to tell me when she had her major milestones so that in my mind i could pretend that i caught them first. silly i know.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemdotm0904:
    lol i told my daycare provider not to tell me when she had her major milestones so that in my mind i could pretend that i caught them first. silly i know.

This is what I did too! My mom used to do daycare, and she never told the moms when their kids hit a milestone.

• imagemdotm0904:
    lol i told my daycare provider not to tell me when she had her major milestones so that in my mind i could pretend that i caught them first. silly i know.

I'm going to tell SO to do the same.  He's taking parental leave when I go back to work in January.  Nothing like playing mind-tricks with yourself! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry you didn't get to see him in action, but at least you know he can do it!  (And you can always lie and tell your MIL you saw him.  Cool)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Aw!! I'm sorry!! But congrats! He did it once, so he'll do it again!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aw, man!

Well-- at least you knew it happened before your MIL did. ;)o 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Haha well I'm sure he'll do it again soon! I don't thing my DCP tells parents because we saw DS roll over a couple of times but never mentioned it at DC. Well one day the DCP asked of DS had rolled over at home yet because my cousin saw DS do it that day when he was picking up his kids. I think they asked because they knew that my cousin would probably mention that she saw him!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yay!! B likes to roll over when nobody is looking as well.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"