Pregnant after 35

RP - 1st appt made

My annual was scheduled for Dec 15th but I called this morning to tell them about my BFP and they moved my appointment... to the 28th. Boo. Not only is that later but it also happens to be my mom's birthday and my best friend's birthday.

Oh well. Hopefully being 8 weeks then as well as being 'elderly' will mean I get a u/s.

Re: RP - 1st appt made

• It's pretty standard now to do a transvaginal (I hate that) to verify and date the pregnancy. Pretty cool. I had three ultrasounds in 38 weeks with DD. I've had three in 12 weeks with this baby...plus, I have at least 2 more, once for my amnio next week, and once again for my anatomy scan at 20w.
  • Maybe you can get them to do an earlier one? My first appt today went well and my OBGYN said I can go back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound as I am high risk. I am older (of course) and have a heart defect so they want to see me early. I am kind of happy I get to have an earlier ultrasound :-)

Fyreflye- excuse my newbie ignorance but what is a Transvaginal ultrasound? If it is like it sounds then does it hurt?? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNuggetJo:

Maybe you can get them to do an earlier one? My first appt today went well and my OBGYN said I can go back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound as I am high risk. I am older (of course) and have a heart defect so they want to see me early. I am kind of happy I get to have an earlier ultrasound :-)

Fyreflye- excuse my newbie ignorance but what is a Transvaginal ultrasound? If it is like it sounds then does it hurt?? 

Meh. I don't feel the need to push for an earlier appt, I'm just bummed that it's LATER than my initial appt - which was just a PAP, but whatever. Hopefully at 8 weeks I'll get a really good view of the bean(touch wood) and I can avoid the trans-vag which, Nuggetjo, is jokingly referred to as the dildo-cam around these parts Stick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"