Preemies

Baptizing a preemie during RSV season...WHAT DO I DO?

My daughter was born at 27w6d on 7/2711 and she just came home from the NICU on 10/06/11.  Our family is asking when we are getting her baptized and I really want to but I'm hesitant bringing her out and having her around people.

WWYD?????

Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH

Re: Baptizing a preemie during RSV season...WHAT DO I DO?

• I would be hesitant as well. I'm not sure whether your church will do this but is there any way she can be baptized in a private service, either in your home or even at church before or after regular services?

Either way, I would definitely skip any type of party where there will be lots of people.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree - I would be hesitant to have a party or have DD at a church.  I still havnt taken DD to church yet - we had her baptized in the NICU (just in case) but plan on having her baptism the morning of her First Birthday party in march.  We are combining the two celebrations because DH's family will be here from across the county for her birthday - we will have a small private baptism (our church will do this - not many will) on saturday morning and her big party at our house that afternoon.
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Our girls were baptized in Oct. Three months after coming home. We explained the situation to our priest and he did a private ceremony. We just invited our immediate family and had them back to our house for a small party after.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think we are just going to wait until the spring. It's one of the things that bums me out about stupid RSV season!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • We are doing a small private baptism and just going to a non-busy restaurant with immediate family afterwards. 

I don't see the harm in waiting.  God understands preemies :o)

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• We have held off. Our church does them in batches and the next one is in December. I'd really like to have it done, but again holding off til spring. I can't bring him into that crowd and have double-dipped water sprinkled on his head. He didn't qualify for RSV and that's one thing we can wait on.
  • We baptized within a couple days of them coming home because we were moving and I wanted them baptized by our church "family" and not a new place.

We talked with the pastor about it - they made an announcement that while we are all very happy to meet the babies and welcome them into the family, to please not touch or get very close to the babies as they are very susceptible to illness. We sat in the front, they stayed in their carseats the whole time unless we were holding them, and we left shortly after. Everyone was very respectful of our wishes and it went much better than I thought it would.

I second the idea of a small family ceremony maybe before or after a church service instead? Or our church actually said they'd do it a different day of the week so that it'd be more sterile.

~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We had our 26 weeker Baptised in a private ceremony at my mom's house. Only people present were the grandparents and the Godparents.

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"