Military Families

pregnant AND military spouse

I needed to find a way to vent to someone who understood.  Okay so I'm 35 weeks pregnant and we were supposed to be PCSing to Little rock in 2 weeks and I finally started to get excited about it!  Earlier tonight i get a call from my husband saying that they have decided to renew his orders here at McConnell AFB and now we are going to stay here for another 12 months!  The Military is so good at this whiplash, it is so hard to be a pregnant lady AND married to an Airman!

UGH Thanks for letting me vent!

Air Force Wife and proud SAHM to baby E, TTC #2 while BFing Uploaded with Snapbucket

Re: pregnant AND military spouse

• Tell me about it! One day my DH is going overseas and the next day hes not! Its getting old.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whiplash- AGREED!!
    My hubby is deployed right now and I am expecting to go into labor anyday now...But his unit has no idea when they are coming home. One day they are extending til January...the next day they are coming home mid-October...I guess I can take a lesson from the Marine Corps...Adapt and overcome!

It's like you can't set your heart on anything...you can't plan...lol. I hope you haven't been planning a move or HOPING for a move for a long time and then this happens...That is definitely a major disappointer :( But on the bright side, I've never seen a bad AF base, so at least you can have that to be positive about with the current base you are on! My husband is a Marine and our little base doesn't even have a pool :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately, I have just come to expect things like this.  Until we are actually putting our stuff into the moving truck or he actually has hard copy orders for going somewhere, I don't get my hopes up or worry about things.  I learned this just about a year ago after being married for 4 years to a man in the military, we just have to learn not to plan.  It sucks, I totally understand.  I'm so sad that we live about 16 hours from our familes and many won't be able to see our LO until we go home for Christmas. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haha, that's how our PCS went last time. first we were moved from one cycle to another (ugh, when you live in MT, the last thing you want to do is stay there through another PCS cycle) and then ended up being moved back to our original cycle, and right at the very beginning of it. gotta love it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I found out a month ago my H was getting deployed within a week of my EDD. Came to grips with that, made our plan, then the following week we got orders to go to SOS in AL. So, at 33 weeks I packed up most of our house for storage, packed him for deployment, packed all the baby stuff, the dog and myself for 9 months. We then drove 2100 miles to SOS. We've only been married for a little over a year, my H tells me this is atypical and if I can handle this I can handle anything. We will see!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks guys.  My husband and I got maried about a year and a half ago and this is the hardest thing to get used to.  Hearing your stories make me feel better because I had gotten myself really down in self pity (pathetic I know).

Thanks ladies. :) My chin is up today and I'm trying to let my frustration pass!

Air Force Wife and proud SAHM to baby E, TTC #2 while BFing Uploaded with Snapbucket
  • I understand that.  The military doesn't care what you have planned... unfortunately.  We're tough though, kinda come with the territory of being a military wife.  Sorry that you are having to go through this. :(
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Sorry you're going through this. I know it's frustrating. As a military brat and now spouse, I feel your pain. Well, sort of. I'm pregnant, and there's definitely a possibility we'll be PCSing in the next few months, but based on deployment schedules my hubby should be here for the birth, but gone shortly thereafter.

I'm a planner, which is incredibly difficult in the military. So I make contingency plans. It helps me cope with all the constant back and forth.

Wishing you the best.

• That can be so frustrating. I know how you feel. We were supposed to go to Hawaii. You can't imagine our excitement, but it was shortlived because they changed our orders for Georgia... big difference! We've learned to love it though and it has all worked out just fine. I'm sure that will be the case with you as well. Just think, you'll have all your friends there to help with the baby. It would be super scary (for me anyway) to be having a baby in a new place where I don't know anyone.
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• AMEN hunny lol I get so frustrated with never really knowing what's going on or when it will change or what he's doing lol I hav elearned that the USMC is a GREAT teacher in patience lol. vent any time you want we get it. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"