Military Families
Options

new!

hello! i've been a knottie for a while, and a nestie for a bit, but this is my very first post as a.... bumpy? hahaha, funny :).

anyways, my husband and i were TTC for a little bit, but decided we wanted to hold off for a couple months in order to possibly travel to europe next summer. WELLLL, i guess we weren't as careful as we thought, because we got an amazing little surprise this past weekend... two positive HPT's! we're totally elated :).

sooo... how in the heck does all this go? i'm super new to tricare, and not a big doctor person in general. i called my PCM to make an appt, and they had me fo in to the lab at the naval hospital on base and pee in a cup (and carry it across a room full of people... so strange). no results, nothing. just left my pee! i guess i'm waiting for a call now?

so confused. my hubby is a marine... not sure if that matters. but anyone know how this goes? we're also at pendleton, so any direct experience would be great too :).

thanks! have a great wednesday, everyone :).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: new!

• Options
    after you get a positive result they will have you go to an ob oreintation where they tell you how not to get charged by tricare for things you do and you also get a bunch of goodies then you get a referal to an ob or if your base has obgyns you will just go on base and you no longer go to your pcm when they find out your pregnant the ob takes care of all your health stuff
  • Options
    Just call the appointment line and hit the number for the OB office and tell them what's going on, they'll fix you right up!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and Congrats!! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Well I would call and ask.  I think all facilities do it differently.  Normally, they would have you do a blood test to be sure.  And if it was a urine test, they should have been able to tell you right away.  If you come back positive, you will be scheduled for an OB Orientation.  You will not see a doctor until you are about 8-9 weeks along.  You will have appts every 4 weeks (I think) until you are about 30 weeks along, and then every 2 weeks.  Welcome and congratulations!
  • Options
    thanks for the info! i got a phone call back confirming my positive urine test, and the woman said i'd get another phone call to make my first appt. between 7 to 10 days. so much waiting! ahh, i just want to see the itty bitty wee one already!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My hubby is a Marine too, I didn't even have a PCM assigned to me yet this was what I went through. they have you pee in a cup and will usually call you within a day or two to give you a positive and make and appt for you to go to an 'early bird class' but they may not tell you thats what it is lol I went in thinking I had a doc appt and it was the class i felt dumb. anyway at the class they answer lots of questions give you the legendary purple book and have you set and appt with an OB for the consultation where they do your medical history etc. you will also be given a admitting pkg with a ton of paperwork to be completed about your medical and regnancy history etc. make sure you fill it out and give it back quickly. you also need to be sure you have the correct tricare, if you want naval hospital delivery go with prime if you want off base OB go with standard. you will also need to get a 'yellow' card if you don't have secondary insurance.  after your OB consult they probobly won't see you again until your first ultrasound between weeks 10 and 12 unless you have a problem. the 1st ultrasound is for measuring growth and hearing heartbeat very very cool. you will get an ultrasound for the sex at week 20-ish and they onl allow one so if baby is shy and you can't tell you have to pay out of pocket to get abother done. you won't have that many appts unless there are complications. and if you dislike your doctor you can request a new one or request a refferal to an off base Ob. you MUST have a refferal in order to not be charged out of pocket. hope this helps.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"