Missouri Babies
Options

What Do You Pay for Childcare?

Hi ladies! DH and I are planning to move to the area in the next 6 months or so. We will probably be in Overland Park to start. Just wanted to get a feel for how much childcare runs in the area. We have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. Thank you!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What Do You Pay for Childcare?

• Options
    I live up north, not in OP, but we pay $150/week for an in-home daycare.  We used to go to a daycare center that was about $225/week, which I think is pretty typical for centers around the area.  I also know that most daycare centers get cheaper as the child gets older, so your 2 year old would be cheaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am outside of OP on the missouri side.  we pay 165/week
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I live in OP and pay $414/week for my 4 and 2 year old.  They go to a center, and not in-home.  That price is including a 10% discount my DH's employer gets from the center and a 10% multiple sibling discount.  Unfortunately, I don't know the breakdown per child to tell you what we pay for my 2 year old but the cost will be higher for a 2 yo and an infant (since we are at the cheapest rate for my 4 yo).

When Baby #3 starts, we'll be paying close to $700/week after factoring in the astronomical infant rate.  Good grief!

• Options
    I live in Shawnee, and that's where my in-home sitter is. We pay $200/week, and I LOVE my sitter so I don't hesitate to do it. I know that when we were looking (three years ago!) that was pretty much the norm.
  • Options
    I'm a nanny about 30 minutes away from Kansas City, KS. I get paid $250/week for 27.5 hours/week for an 11 month old in their home. If you're looking at doing something like that, you should go to www.care.com or www.sittercity.com. That's where the family I nanny for found me, and a lot of nannies on there have background checks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"