Nurseries and Baby Gear

WTF! Amazon Mom closed to new members!

I signed up for Amazon Mom already because I wanted to get a jumpstart on my registry but I was chatting with a friend on FB and she said she couldn't join because they closed the program to new members! This totally bites!

Anyone know if this is permanent? I am wondering if they are shutting down the program. I think diapers.com is going to get a flood of business.

Edit: They are taking names for a waitlist. If you are already a member, you probably won't be able to see the message. Unless you sign out.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: WTF! Amazon Mom closed to new members!

• I have heard that Amazon Mom is not a profitable division for Amazon, so it wouldn't surprise me if they close it down or significantly redesign it.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Whoa. I think I'm going to stock up on diapers and wipes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would hope it is just a seasonal thing.  I was just telling a friend that doesn't have kids to sign up for it just to get free shipping for the holidays since they give you a free 3 months.  I also have a hard time believing that it's not profitable because I'm not addicted to Amazon for all sorts of stuff!
  • That does suck  because they have awesome deals.  Hopefully they open it up for new mothers.

• Sorry to hear that:( Last week they emailed me that the formula we use was no longer eligible for the savings it used to be, so now I am trying out diapers.com I've noticed that many of Amazon's items you used to get for up to 30% off with subscribe and save you no longer can.
  • Bummer!  I'm glad I signed up last week!  I hope they don't do away with it Sad
  • imagemichelle_1221:
    I would hope it is just a seasonal thing.  I was just telling a friend that doesn't have kids to sign up for it just to get free shipping for the holidays since they give you a free 3 months.  I also have a hard time believing that it's not profitable because I'm not addicted to Amazon for all sorts of stuff!

And it's a wonder that they have to stop people who actually need it from using it. 

• I thought I read somewhere that Amazon owns diapers.com now.

Ive always assumed Amazon mom couldn't be profitable for them, except as a way to encourage moms to buy the rest of their baby gear from them, and as a good way to introduce a big group to subscribe and save.

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was waiting until next week to sign up because it was a month before my due date!  I did sign for the waitlist though...
  • That's crazy.  I already used up all of my Prime months(I signed up right after DD was born and I think I got 12 or 13 months of Prime shipping)...I miss that 2 day shipping.

I will tell you that I couldn't find DD's overnites on Amazon, so I finally tried Diapers.com.  I got both daytime and overnites and saved a TON of money.  The diapers were ordered Sunday evening, and arrived Tuesday evening.  I loved it.  I will probably use them more.

I believe Diapers.com was bought by Amazon at some point...but they're definitely run differently. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"