October 2011 Moms

What do you know about dark circles?

LO has dark circles around his eyes. They come and go but when they're there, the circles are so dark it looks like he has black eyes. I've googled it and only found that it usually means allergies but it could be anemia. I am concerned because my step niece (not blood related) had a hole in her heart and the way we are able to tell that she isn't feeling well is by the dark circles around her eyes. But she is older (12) but the hole was found accidently when she was 10. Does anyone else's LOs have dark circles around his/her eyes? Or has anyone heard or have experience with this?

Re: What do you know about dark circles?

• so weird i forgot about this until i read this!!  DD had it, it would come and go--it was really noticable when she would first wake up.  i found it was mostly when she was congested or had a stuffy nose, our pedi said it was normal and we ran a humidifer for every nap and overnight until she was 1 year old--she doesn't get it anymore.

i would tell your pedi at your next visit and have LO get checked out--hopefully it is just from congestion or allergies.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • I thought for certain this question was going to be about the dark circles under my eyes. 

I wish I could help you with your question about your LO's dark circles though!   Hopefully your pedi will have an answer for you and it is nothing serious.  Keep us posted!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"