Pre-School and Daycare
Options

*Cute lunch check-in*

I'm sure people will think I'm crazy, but I truly believe that my DD appreciates the extra time that I spend making her lunches "cute." She always looks forward to seeing what I've made and it gives us something to discuss during lunch. Now that there's a newborn baby in the house, I think this time we spend together is more important than ever.

::steps off soapbox::

PIP your child's cute lunch here!

Cute turkey on the right ... barren, boring, bland, colorless wasteland on the left! Rice and applesauce (I needed to go to the grocery store!), plus a pear with dried apricots, carrot sticks and cheese chunks.

This lunch was made in a new Tupperware sandwich container - it's surprisingly large! In the fish container is rice, plus cheese chunks, leftover corn/bean salad, an apple wedge that I checkered (it's easier than it looks!) and a spritz cookie.

I was trying to make a turkey but really it looks like a sun with a face. This was the day that DD declared she loves ham and cheese sandwiches, so expect to see those a bit more frequently! Sandwich, carrots with dip, mini apple and dehydrated strawberries. This was the only lunch DD finished all week.

It's hard to explain "autumn" to a child who has only ever lived in the desert, but thanks to Sesame Street, as soon as DD looked at this lunch she said "autumn!" Open-faced ham & cheese sandwich, mini apple, clementine and snap pea crisps (these are crazy good!) plus a spritz cookie.

PIP your child's cute lunch here (or breakfast - those are even easier!). The holidays are coming, and those are such easy themes to do!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Cute lunch check-in*

• Options
    I think it's great you do this....as long as she eats stuff when it's NOT just cute looking.  If you make a regular old lunch, will she eat it?  Anyway, I think it's adorable and a great way to spend time together.  :)
  • Options
    She does eat regular-looking food! Lunch is the only meal of the day that gets embellished, and of course when we eat out or if I'm really busy, her lunch is plain, too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"