Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long does the actual miscarriage usually take?

Going up tonight to the hospital to get something to start my miscarriage. I found out on Sunday that our baby had died, most likely weeks ago.

I am already naturally cramping today so I am sure that things wll start once I get the pills or whatever they will give me.

Any idea how olong the pain/bleeding usually lasts? I am not sure if I should go to work tomorrow or not...I work from home running a business and my DH has the day off, so I am banking on having him help out when I need to sit in the bathroom and rest if it's not over by morning. Is it reasonable to expect that the worst will be over during the night and will be tolerable to at least sit around in sweatpants and work lightly tomorrow?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long does the actual miscarriage usually take?

• Options

I'm so sorry for you loss fuzzy.  (((hugs)))

I found out on a Thursday that there was no heartbeat (I was at 8w 2d) and had scheduled a D&C for the following Wednesday.  I had been on progesterone and stopped that day. 

I had a lot of cramping and spotting on Friday and Saturday and ended up miscarrying naturally early Sunday morning.  For me, the worst part was waiting - because I really didn't know when it's going to happen.  If your doctor is giving you medication, you will probably m/c quicker. 

Honestly, I was surprised at how much I bled after I miscarried.  The ultrasound showed that my uterine lining was really thick, and I passed a lot of large clots and had waves of strong cramping between Sunday morning and Thursday evening.  I had another five days of period like bleeding.  It took about 2 1/2 weeks to get my beta under 5, so I could be classified as "back to normal" according to my doctor.

Sending T&P's your way.

Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am very sorry.

We found out Friday that our baby had no HB and stopped growing at 8 weeks, 3 days. I took the weekend to see what would happen and nada by Monday. Yesterday I had another ultrasound and doctor started me on Cytotec (also called Misoprotol). I took 6 pills over the course of 24 hours and have had light bleeding and cramping, passing some clots. Just about to start another dose. I am hoping and praying it works, as thus far it's been pretty mild and manageable so I know it hasn't happened.

If this doesn't work then I get a D&C (which I would rather avoid). Ideally we can get it scheduled for Friday if need be. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And sorry - to answer your question. I have been able to work today in my PJs. But I haven't been in pain or had to spend that much time in the bathroom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Sorry for you loss fuzzy!

I miscarried naturally on Saturday afternoon and had heavy bleeding and pretty decent cramping through Sunday afternoon. It has slowed down a bit since then. I didn't feel like doing anything when it first happened just because I was so distraught over the whole thing, but I was able to get out of the house and run some errands with my husband and DD on Sunday morning and then went back out grocery shopping that afternoon. I've been working from home (computer work) Monday and Tuesday and the only thing I worry about for going back tomorrow is that I'm going to be a hot mess of tears if someone asks how I'm doing.

I hope this helps give you a little bit of an idea, but every situation is different. GL to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"