Snarky and T-TTC

::sigh:: Injects and IUI...here I come

This cycle was a bust, so on we go.

I have a baseline set for Tuesday, CD5.  If I remember right, we're doing Clomid + Follistim + trigger + IUI.

Question:  My RE's office typically does B2B IUIs but we have the option to do just 1.  What is your office's policy?  Does the B2B increase odds much?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ::sigh:: Injects and IUI...here I come

• Don't know about B2B IUIs, but wishing you lots of luck!
  • Ugh, I'm sorry this cycle didn't work.  I never did them, but I know my RE does B2B with IUIs.   I don't know anything about odds though.  Lots of luck to you!!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My clinic doesn't do b2b iuis. My RE said there is not enough research proving it is beneficial. Especially in our case we did d-iuis, so we had a limuted amount of sperm we could use.
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegervaisj6:
    My clinic doesn't do b2b iuis. My RE said there is not enough research proving it is beneficial. Especially in our case we did d-iuis, so we had a limuted amount of sperm we could use.

I might ask my RE/nurse about it on Tuesday.  Each IUI is $300, so we're looking at $600 versus $300 each month plus meds....

• imageKdgTeacher:

imagegervaisj6:
    My clinic doesn't do b2b iuis. My RE said there is not enough research proving it is beneficial. Especially in our case we did d-iuis, so we had a limuted amount of sperm we could use.

I might ask my RE/nurse about it on Tuesday.  Each IUI is $300, so we're looking at $600 versus $300 each month plus meds....

I would.  I got my bfp on 1 iui with injectibles.  I hear ya.  Our iui's are 215.00 and the vials of sperm are 590.00 a piece, and then the meds...  Thankful that our insurance covered follistim- it was 35.00 a prescription..  but still the ovidrel, the endometrin, prenatals, it adds up QUICK. but I did get my bfp just doing 1 iui each time.  

ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegervaisj6:
    imageKdgTeacher:

imagegervaisj6:

I would.  I got my bfp on 1 iui with injectibles.  I hear ya.  Our iui's are 215.00 and the vials of sperm are 590.00 a piece, and then the meds...  Thankful that our insurance covered follistim- it was 35.00 a prescription..  but still the ovidrel, the endometrin, prenatals, it adds up QUICK. but I did get my bfp just doing 1 iui each time.  

What injects did you use and how much-if you remember?  I'm curious to see the dosage since I was started which such a small dose of Clomid (25mg my 1st cycle)

• We were OOP so the "package" we paid for included B2B IUIs - the first was intracervical the morning after trigger, then intrauterine the next day.  I would have been fine with just one since DH's counts weren't an issue, but since the price didn't change either way we went with both.  Good luck with whichever you choose :)   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Im not sure about the B2B either -- we only did one each time. 

Best of luck to you!!! 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Good luck this cycle!
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We did only 1 IUI. But it was standard protocol at my RE & because DH didn't have an issue, I didn't see any reason to question it or request a B2B.
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"