Cloth Diapering
Options

Cloth Wipes

DH & I are on board with cloth diapering and after thinking bout it, it makes so much more sense to use cloth wipes too (wipe, toss int he same pail/ wetbag for washing).

What wipes do you girls recommend?  And what solution do you use for wetting your wipes?

TIA! 

T & J 5.9.09
MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
PVM 5.8.12
GWM 3.17.15
RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Cloth Wipes

• Options
    A lot of moms on here make their own cloth wipes from flannel and terry. I'm making cloth wipes today from flannel receiving blankets lol. Cheaper than buying them premade, gets the job done, and it's eco-friendly. I can't really answer your question about wipe solution since I don't remember any of the brands I've seen on here, but a lot of moms use just water in a spray bottle or make their own wipe solution.
  • Options
    I bought a bunch of cheap baby washcloths and store them wet in a cloth wipe warmer. I keep CJs Carcass Cleaner on the table and use a little squirt when needed. I also cut up 100% cotton t-shirts and keep those dry in a pile on the changing table. I use the dry wipes for anything extra and for covering DS's parts so I don't get sprayed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just used old wash cloths and towels that I cut into smaller squares, along with some baby wash cloths we were give as gifts.  And I just use plain water for the solution, works great!
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My MIL is out buying some basic sewing supplies to help me make wipes out of some recieving blankets as we speak!
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Options

I made my own wipes from flannel on clearance at the fabric store. I picked a pattern that had orange, red and brown in it just in case it wanted to stain but it hasn't. I cut it into 6x8 rectangles and then serged the edges. We have yet to find poo they can't get off.

I bought some wipes solution, but it was a pain so now we just fill the sink with about 3 cups of water, a drop of baby shampoo, and a couple drops of tea tree oil and dunk the wipes and put them in the warmer. We like them premade in the warmer rather than dry and using a spray bottle. The tea tree oil lets them last 3-4 days without getting funky.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've got a bunch of receiving blankets that I'll just be cutting and surging the edges. I have SO many haha but if I don't have enough that I want to cut up, then I'll just buy some flannel. A yard of fabric for 4-5 bucks, get a dozen or so wipes. 

For wipe solution I'll either use straight water or a basic solution in a peri bottle. To me that's easier than storing wet wipes.

sports bottle top 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"