Working Moms

How much milk to bring to daycare?

(Sorry to post so many Qs today; I'm just gearing up for the big return!)

I'm planning on bringing 4 4 oz. bottles (bm) to daycare for my LO's stay from about 8am to 4:30/5:00 pm.  She'll be close to 2 months.  Does this sound like it'll work?  (I'm really thinking she'll only take 3 of those bottles too.)  I plan on feeding her before I drop her off and when I pick her up too. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How much milk to bring to daycare?

• Thats probably even on the high end to be honest.  How much does she drink now in a bottle? I'd do 4 bottles of 3 oz since most daycares are required to toss milk after an hour (despite BM being good longer than formula) so I wouldn't want to waste a bunch of milk. 
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagemadhatter2003:
    Thats probably even on the high end to be honest.  How much does she drink now in a bottle? I'd do 4 bottles of 3 oz since most daycares are required to toss milk after an hour (despite BM being good longer than formula) so I wouldn't want to waste a bunch of milk. 

She usually drinks between 2-3 oz. now...but honestly I've never tried to put more in a bottle for her since I don't want to dump any myself!  This is usually in the evening though too, and it might be during her cluster-feeding time where she eats more often (and I'm guessing in smaller amounts?).  I may have to have DH experiment during the "daycare" hours this weekend while he's home.  Plus daycare is really close to my work, so I could drop more off or go to bf it absolutely necessary. Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • imagemullenem:

If you are worried, you could always bring in 5 3oz. bottles and they can pour an extra ounce in the bottle she finishes if they feel that she needs a bit more.  Oh, and let them know to swirl the BM, not shake it.  Shaking it destroys the proteins.

Oooh - I like this idea!   

• I agree about more, smaller bottles. Or see if they'd keep some milk in the freezer for 'emergencies' - days when you run late, days when she hits a growth spurt, etc. 
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"