Secondary IF

Thyroid Questions

Just wondering if anyone here has issues with thyroid and what levels your OB/RE wants your TSH to fall between.

We have our first RE consult this week and I know I want to talk about my thyroid levels.  As tested in July 2011, my TSH was 3.04 which I guess is right on the cut off of what is considered problematic.  My T3 and T4 levels were also tested and I don't remember their exact values, but they were also on the cusp of being hypothyroid.

Any information you can give me, or ideas for questions I need to ask my RE are great appreciated.

TIA.

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012

Re: Thyroid Questions

• My RE likes to see the TSH below 2.5...I hope this helps :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The "normal" range can vary quite a bit by clinic, and some go all the way up to 4.5.  My doctor likes to see levels below 2.5, and I feel my best with my levels below 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My RE likes to see levels below 2.  I've always bordered on being hyperthyroid with low levels and have to had a goiter drained before.  Through my first pregnancy my thyroid stayed where they wanted it, still low, but as soon as I got pregnant this time the levels jumped way up to 3.48.  I was put on synthroid and I was where they wanted in me in a few weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"