North Florida Babies

Tally mama new to this site

Hello ladies, Just wanted to introduce myself. I am very new to this site and new to message boards in general. Anyone else here from Tallahassee?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Tally mama new to this site

• Me too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay! Good to meet you ladies! How far along are you guys and where are you going for your care?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am in Tallahassee! Smile
  • I am in Tallahassee.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Awesome! I was hoping to start a mommy group with a few other friends who have LO. What do you all do for fun with your kids and/or babies? Or for the ones who haven't given birth yet, would you still be interested in a mommy group?
  • Count me in for the mommy group!! :)
  • imageechosuomi:
    Count me in for the mommy group!! :)

What would be fun for you to do around town? Would there be places that you'd like to go or would you rather meet up at each other's houses and have refreshments, let kids play, talk about momma/pregnancy stuff? Does any of this sound like something you'd like to do?

•  

They all sound fun to me!! We can meet somewhere baby/kids friendly for lunch or maybe someone's home is easier.

• Sorry that I took a bit to reply. Busy, as usual! :) I am starting a mommy group with several of my friends (some of them don't even have kids but want to come hang out with the babies... pretty funny!) We are going to meet at the Gov. Square mall this Sat. @ 10:00 at the little play area near Starbucks. You and any of the other ladies are welcome to come. We have a mixed group of ladies with lots of different backgrounds. We'd love to have more moms! 
  • Our first mommy/friend meet-up was great! Got to let the kids play for a while and have some well deserved mommy time! It was certainly a good idea to get there early since the place gets really packed! Let me know if any of you would like to come as we would certainly love to meet new moms. Hope everyone's weekend was good! (Also, we are hoping to do this every other week as I know that everyone has pretty busy lives and every week might be too much.)
  • I didn't see this until now, but I want to say that I'm in Tally! Let me know when you're having any more meet-ups because I'd love to come :)
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • Sure thing! I want to say that we will be getting together next Saturday, but we'll see what everyone else says. I have already had one mom that missed the first one ask about when another would be, so that makes me happy. I look forward to meeting you!
  • I'm in Tally and would be interested! How old are the majority of kids? DD is 13 months :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • My DS is 14 months but I have a few others that I bring along as some of my friends have older kids too. They are 11, 10, & 7. The last meet up was fun. I hope you can make it. I am pretty easy to spot as I have a lot of tattoos and black hair. I hope that this doesn't put you off as my friends are all different (aka: not tattooed). I am just the one that is setting it all up. Take care!
  • Also, if anyone likes to scrapbook, I'd love to get some ladies together for that too. Yes, I am tattooed and I scrapbook. Go figure. Anyway, I have been scrapbooking for over 15 years and I have taught classes and am a published designer, so it would be nice to have some scrappin' buddies! I have lived here for six year and ever since The Scrapbook Market closed (I used to work there!) I haven't had a scrapbooking outlet. Anyway, if this is of any interest to you, let me know! I would be willing to teach too. :)
  • I am new to the site! My husband and I are TTC currently! Any obgyn reviews for Tallahassee?
  • I've gone to North Florida Women's Care at TMH for my last two pregnancies and am very happy with just about everyone there. Good luck TTC!
  • imagemamasixpack:
    I've gone to North Florida Women's Care at TMH for my last two pregnancies and am very happy with just about everyone there. Good luck TTC!

They delivered all 4 of mine, love them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemamasixpack:
    My DS is 14 months but I have a few others that I bring along as some of my friends have older kids too. They are 11, 10, & 7. The last meet up was fun. I hope you can make it. I am pretty easy to spot as I have a lot of tattoos and black hair. I hope that this doesn't put you off as my friends are all different (aka: not tattooed). I am just the one that is setting it all up. Take care!
    Haha no it doesn't put me off! I have MANY tattoos too! Do you guys usually just meet Saturday's?

Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • imagemamasixpack:
    Also, if anyone likes to scrapbook, I'd love to get some ladies together for that too. Yes, I am tattooed and I scrapbook. Go figure. Anyway, I have been scrapbooking for over 15 years and I have taught classes and am a published designer, so it would be nice to have some scrappin' buddies! I have lived here for six year and ever since The Scrapbook Market closed (I used to work there!) I haven't had a scrapbooking outlet. Anyway, if this is of any interest to you, let me know! I would be willing to teach too. :)
    Omg we have some things in common! Besides the tattoos I scrapbook too! In fact, I just got a cricut recently and made DDs b-day invites! Fun!

• imageAmandaAndTj:
    imagemamasixpack:
    Also, if anyone likes to scrapbook, I'd love to get some ladies together for that too. Yes, I am tattooed and I scrapbook. Go figure. Anyway, I have been scrapbooking for over 15 years and I have taught classes and am a published designer, so it would be nice to have some scrappin' buddies! I have lived here for six year and ever since The Scrapbook Market closed (I used to work there!) I haven't had a scrapbooking outlet. Anyway, if this is of any interest to you, let me know! I would be willing to teach too. :)
    Omg we have some things in common! Besides the tattoos I scrapbook too! In fact, I just got a cricut recently and made DDs b-day invites! Fun!
    This is awesome! Yes we usually meet Saturdays but I am always up for a lunch or something of that nature. Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Things here are busy with the first week of school! I just went to Michael's for the first time in forever and I saw that they are now holding crops. They are only 4-5 hours, I think, but better than nothing, eh? I would love to be able to get some ladies together to scrapbook at the house too. As for the play date/s I am thinking of scheduling another one for the beginning of Sept. (Sept. 3rd) What do you think?
  • imagemamasixpack:
    imageAmandaAndTj:
    imagemamasixpack:
    This is awesome! Yes we usually meet Saturdays but I am always up for a lunch or something of that nature. Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Things here are busy with the first week of school! I just went to Michael's for the first time in forever and I saw that they are now holding crops. They are only 4-5 hours, I think, but better than nothing, eh? I would love to be able to get some ladies together to scrapbook at the house too. As for the play date/s I am thinking of scheduling another one for the beginning of Sept. (Sept. 3rd) What do you think?
    Hmm well for me Sept 3rd is packed. That's the first FSU game of the season! Lol Do you work or SAH??

• imageAmandaAndTj:
    imagemamasixpack:
    imageAmandaAndTj:
    imagemamasixpack:
    Hmm well for me Sept 3rd is packed. That's the first FSU game of the season! Lol Do you work or SAH??

I kinda figured that the labor day weekend might be a stretch for some but I have already had two ladies rsvp so we are going ahead with it. If you have an hour or so maybe you can drop in. We will be at Gov. Square from 10:00 until about 11:30 or 12.  As for SAH, I have no idea what that means. I don't work outside the home though.

• I don't work for a home based business either. That makes a little more sense! :)

• Well, I feel like a moron. I realized that I read that last sentence wrong and I figured out what you were asking. Yes, I SAH. I have to with as many kids as I have! No, I am not an idiot, just sleep deprived. :) I'll get it together one day!
  • imagemamasixpack:
    Well, I feel like a moron. I realized that I read that last sentence wrong and I figured out what you were asking. Yes, I SAH. I have to with as many kids as I have! No, I am not an idiot, just sleep deprived. :) I'll get it together one day!
    Haha ok that's cool. Im a sahm too! Weekdays work much better for me for get togethers if youre ever interested. :) I'll PM you my email to bc I don't come on here and check threads very often.

• I'm new as well to the site and residing in Tallahassee!! Nice to meet everyone!
  • I just wanted to jump and say that for any new moms, there is a breastfeeding support group that meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Womens Center (Lee and 6th by TMH) from 10:30-12.  Its more like a mommy and me group and the lactation consultant is there for consults for free.  They also have the baby scale for pre and post weights!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"